Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (9 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
A poster on Tator Island said that Trilly said there's some smoke around Brendan Hausen from Villanova. Supposedly, when he entered the portal everyone thought he was going to UCONN, but UCONN passed on him. 38% from 3. This would be an excellent replacement for Tominaga.

6c35989a-99fd-4164-8316-3151fd075028_text.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think our fans are going to be surprised how athletic Griffiths is. So he was ranked as the #23 recruit in the 2023 Class. Would that make him the 2nd highest rated coming out of high school to play for the Huskers? I believe McGowens was higher. And we had the 4/5 star transfer bust from Depaul Edwards but think he was #27 in his class

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Agreed. Payne also really doesn’t fit what Hoiberg does.
Kyle III doesn't really either, if we're being honest. But that's why I like him - he brings something to the table that we really have. He is a physical, rim protector that can move. He isn't going to stretch the floor like Mast, Mason or Milicic can. But nobody is going to be dominating us in the paint with him in there...

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Kyle III doesn't really either, if we're being honest. But that's why I like him - he brings something to the table that we really have. He is a physical, rim protector that can move. He isn't going to stretch the floor like Mast, Mason or Milicic can. But nobody is going to be dominating us in the paint with him in there...

The theme with Hoiberg this offseason has appeared to be “get tougher.”

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
As much as I love Kyle and hope we get him you’re absolutely right.

You have to be able to handle the ball and be a good passer in this offense. At times this past year I got really frustrated when it seemed like we were running our offense through Alick. We’d reverse it a couple times then Alick would have the ball at the elbow of the 3pt line needing to make a play and that’s the weakest part of his game. I’ll never understand it. Would rather a guy like him or Kyle just stayed inside from block to free throw elbow back to opposite block but obv Fred knows more than myself!

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think he's being viewed as a bigger more athletic version of Allick. Block shots, run the floor, defend, move bodies in the paint, get rebounds and dunk. Can't have every post player with similar characteristics to Mast & Morgan. I love his shot blocking. Last year we didn't have big men playing who could get vertical on shots. Make those people driving the lane think twice about going to the rim.

Blbmeb

Linebacker
Elite Member
Not sure how to post the info but wish Fred would take a look at 6’5”guard Duke transfer Jaden Schutt.

4 star out of high school, 2022 Illinois Gatorade POTY, hit 17 threes in a high school game, lead his team to the 17U title and won a state championship.
Both parents grew up in Nebraska and his Dad played at Concordia at Seward.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Which lineup would we all prefer?

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Gary/transfer
Milicic or Kyle/transfer
Mast/Morgan

Or

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Fiddler/transfer
Gary/transfer
Mast/Morgan

Best case scenario imo would be Gary coming off the bench:

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Fiddler/Gary
Milicic or Kyle
Mast/Morgan

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
I think he's being viewed as a bigger more athletic version of Allick. Block shots, run the floor, defend, move bodies in the paint, get rebounds and dunk. Can't have every post player with similar characteristics to Mast & Morgan. I love his shot blocking. Last year we didn't have big men playing who could get vertical on shots. Make those people driving the lane think twice about going to the rim.
I think Kyle is actually a pretty good passer for his size. He won't shoot but they can still play 5 out similar to what they did with Walker

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Which lineup would we all prefer?

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Gary/transfer
Milicic or Kyle/transfer
Mast/Morgan

Or

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Fiddler/transfer
Gary/transfer
Mast/Morgan

Best case scenario imo would be Gary coming off the bench:

Worster/Hoiberg/Ulis
Williams/Griffiths
Fiddler/Gary
Milicic or Kyle
Mast/Morgan
Worster/Ulis
Williams/Transfer/Hoiberg
Gary/Griffiths
Morgan/Transfer(Kyle)
Igor/Mast

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

That’s the thing. If you have shot blockers it can mitigate a lack of athleticism on the perimeter.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds