Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (6 Viewers)

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
“I haven’t made a decision yet. Probably going to see what opportunities are out there this offseason. I’ve been around enough offseasons and been around enough teams where you never know what happens in the offseason. I’m just going to explore my opportunities, but I definitely love this place and team. I’ve met a lot of great people here, but I’m not going to say a for sure thing. I’m just going to see what’s out there and then make a decision.”

This was sent to me this morning. Mast after Friday's game. Sure doesn't read to me like someone coming back.

Husker15

Linebacker
This was sent to me this morning. Mast after Friday's game. Sure doesn't read to me like someone coming back.
Eh I wouldn’t read too much into that. Why wouldn’t you say something like this with NIL now? Mast, Brice, and Gary could probably get significant raises

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Eh I wouldn’t read too much into that. Why wouldn’t you say something like this with NIL now? Mast, Brice, and Gary could probably get significant raises

You don't say that after you just got punked and treated like a red headed step child. Williams handled it perfectly, "I've been focused on us & haven't thought about it." Gary too.

Him saying what he did to the media, following that performance as well as the multiple times he's been non-existent, isn't going to increase his NIL.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
What are his aspirations? Gotta think he's a guy who's most likely looking at a Euro league career. Can't do NIL as an international student. He's in a pretty favorable shooting system, wouldn't think he's likely to transfer to another university unless he gets recruited over or is in danger of losing significant minutes. But if he's got his degree and gets a good offer from a pro team where he can start getting paid, that's probably the type of "opportunity" that would pull him away.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
What are his aspirations? Gotta think he's a guy who's most likely looking at a Euro league career. Can't do NIL as an international student. He's in a pretty favorable shooting system, wouldn't think he's likely to transfer to another university unless he gets recruited over or is in danger of losing significant minutes. But if he's got his degree and gets a good offer from a pro team where he can start getting paid, that's probably the type of "opportunity" that would pull him away.

Euro league is my guess. He's our highest NIL guy with eligibility. The international obstacles/loopholes were figured out late last summer.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Lawrence is obviously still young and has plenty of time to grow and develop, but he was damn near perfect coming off the bench as the 6th man. I'd love to bring in a true PG (hopefully Chucky!), Williams at SG, Gary at SF, Mast at PF and a true Center. Lawrence still coming off the bench as 6th man, with Rice, Hioberg and Ulis as key rotational guys.

Alternatively, I think Gary and Mast could shift down to PF and Center if we are able to find a legit combo guard portal and Williams could our SF.
I agree with this, but don't forget Janowski. He's too good to not be part of the rotation next year.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think our biggest need is a tall athletic big that can defend & rebound. We struggle against athletic fronts. Give me a 6-9 to 6-10 Forward with some hops to match up plus provide back side help to Mast if he is our Center. I’m expecting Lloyd to be gone. And maybe Keita. If we have 2 open scholarships and Uhllis is cleared to play PG next year I’d hope for the above big plus an athletic wing that can shoot & guard. We need some athleticism. How many of our players can dunk or regularly dunked? Gary, Williams & Allick are it. Love Wilcher but has really slow feet & no vertical. Sam Hoiberg is all heart but most effective in limited minutes as an energy guy. We struggled against bigger athletic guards when Keisei, Sam or Wilcher had to cover them. Lawrence plays good D but lacks length. Seems to have gotten comfortable coming off of the bench

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would love to add a player like Maxine Raynaud. 7-1 250 lb Center from France who started for Stanford. He can hit the 3 too so can stretch the floor plus looks like he has good feet and can get up and down the floor. I haven't seen him play besides a couple highlight videos and stats look good. This year averaged 15.5 pts, 9.6 Rebs, 2 Assists and shot 36% from 3 taking 1.9 3's/game. Also shoots about 57% from the floor and almost 80% on FT's. He'll be in high demand plus may look at going pro but I could see a player like him thriving in Hoibergs offense plus give us that big body to battle on the boards.

https://www.Tater Island.com/transf...d-maxime-raynaud-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here is a good Transfer Portal Tater Island page. I'm sure Fred would love to get a few of the names on this list. I'd love to add the Michigan Center Tarris Reed or another athletic big. Edit: Link won't work because of Tater Island correction on this site for 0n3

https://www.Tater Island.com/transfer-portal/top/basketball/2024/

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I agree with this, but don't forget Janowski. He's too good to not be part of the rotation next year.
A lot of good high schoolers struggle to make the adjustment to the next level. That's nothing against him - look at Sallis. Rotational guy at Gonzaga and now he is a stud. And Janowski isn't at the level of Sallis.

Last edited:

Herbie

Quarterback
6ft9 230 pound kid from Bell West that averaged 13 and 7 this year at South Dakota St.
Comedy Central No GIF by South Park

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds