Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (43 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I wouldn't be so sure. Walker walked on senior day 3 times. I think Wilcher was just pretty down about how he had been shooting the last portion of the season.

To be clear, I’d like to have him back. The only person I wouldn’t have a spot for if I were Hoiberg would be Lloyd and I’d think long and hard about Keita. Again, I’d keep Keita if he’s going to be healthy.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wouldn't be so sure. Walker walked on senior day 3 times. I think Wilcher was just pretty down about how he had been shooting the last portion of the season.

Or he was really excited to graduate

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
I'll assume that Keita, Wilcher, and Lloyd are gone and that next season you start;

Lawrence
Williams
Gary
Mast
TBD

Bench spots:
-Rice. Some rumors of him transferring no idea how credible but I hope he stays because he fits great and I think he's got big upside
-Uhlis. He didn't stick around not to play next season and he's a good second unit/second ball handler option when Williams/Lawrence need a blow
-Hoiberg. Guy will always have a role. Not because his dad but because he's a great 8-10 minute energy guy and can do some shit. Liability if he plays a ton though.
-Diop. Maybe he makes a leap and starts at 5, but seems like an off the bench big for next season.

So the priorities are probably:
1. A big who can play above the rim on both ends. Would be nice if he can do some stuff outside the paint, but I think you need an option to go big and put Mast at the 4
2. A long wing who can give you something on both ends. Needn't be a complete scorer like Brice but that would be extremely nice.
3. A multi year guy who is in the mold of Mast and let's you play 5 out.

Obviously bench/starting spots play out differently depending on who you land
SO I guess all of this family atmosphere positivity is just marketing if all of these guys want to leave.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I think you really want to get a real PG and have Lawrence come off the bench
Lawrence is obviously still young and has plenty of time to grow and develop, but he was damn near perfect coming off the bench as the 6th man. I'd love to bring in a true PG (hopefully Chucky!), Williams at SG, Gary at SF, Mast at PF and a true Center. Lawrence still coming off the bench as 6th man, with Rice, Hioberg and Ulis as key rotational guys.

Alternatively, I think Gary and Mast could shift down to PF and Center if we are able to find a legit combo guard portal and Williams could our SF.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lawrence is obviously still young and has plenty of time to grow and develop, but he was damn near perfect coming off the bench as the 6th man. I'd love to bring in a true PG (hopefully Chucky!), Williams at SG, Gary at SF, Mast at PF and a true Center. Lawrence still coming off the bench as 6th man, with Rice, Hioberg and Ulis as key rotational guys.

Alternatively, I think Gary and Mast could shift down to PF and Center if we are able to find a legit combo guard portal and Williams could our SF.
Ideally, the have a roster where they can do both Mast + 5 and Gary + Mast at 4-5 or even Gary + Mast + 5

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
SO I guess all of this family atmosphere positivity is just marketing if all of these guys want to leave.
02d8e799-9927-491d-b1d5-06fdd7247c80_text.gif

ColoREDo

You think that bench players transferring is a sign of a dysfunctional culture? I don’t even understand what you’re implying.
I didn't say it was dysfunctional. But Wilcher basically came in for Tominaga who will be gone. Rice was getting more minutes before his injury and looks to have a greater role next season. If they leave, I just don't see how the team bond was what it was proclaimed to be. Or maybe I just don't understand the thought process of these young guys.

I think you are reading way too much into my question. Or you are just another board drama queen.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
. Or maybe I just don't understand the thought process of these young guys.

This is the answer. A lot of these kids get terrible advice and end up in worse situations. The best path forward would be for Wilcher to stay as he’s got a home and a very solid role on an NCAA tournament team. But I’m banking on at least one kid who shouldn’t leave making a terrible choice and he seems the type.

ColoREDo

This is the answer. A lot of these kids get terrible advice and end up in worse situations. The best path forward would be for Wilcher to stay as he’s got a home and a very solid role on an NCAA tournament team. But I’m banking on at least one kid who shouldn’t leave making a terrible choice and he seems the type.
I just can't see Wicher getting a better situation anywhere in the country when you factor in playing time, the biggest stage, and team chemistry.

Rice might be able to be a starter elsewhere but not at the Big Ten level. I suppose playing time is a factor I am overlooking here. Some guys might be happier at a lower level if they are getting starter minutes. It would be a shame if he left because I see Rice as an impact player for Nebraska at some point. Maybe even next year.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I just can't see Wicher getting a better situation anywhere in the country when you factor in playing time, the biggest stage, and team chemistry.

Rice might be able to be a starter elsewhere but not at the Big Ten level. I suppose playing time is a factor I am overlooking here. Some guys might be happier at a lower level if they are getting starter minutes. It would be a shame if he left because I see Rice as an impact player for Nebraska at some point. Maybe even next year.

I don’t think Rice leaves as his minutes were increasing before he got hurt.

Hopefully a full year of S&C closes some gaps physically that some guys have.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds