Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (30 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rim protection is definitely not Mast's strong suit. I don't think that makes him soft, but he definitely lacks athleticism to play above the rim.

I think it can be fine if you get longer and more athletic on the perimeter, which is opened up with Keisei and possibly Wilcher's departure.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Rim protection is definitely not Mast's strong suit. I don't think that makes him soft, but he definitely lacks athleticism to play above the rim.

I think it can be fine if you get longer and more athletic on the perimeter, which is opened up with Keisei and possibly Wilcher's departure.

Wilcher’s body language yesterday leads me to believe he’s out. Add to it he walked on senior day and I think he’s played his last game here.

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
I don't think Mast is soft either. He's just limited athletically. He's at his best when he's hitting threes and distributing.
His defense is soft. Typical Euro player. Offensive-minded and very skilled on that side of the ball but can get bullied defensively and doesn't battle for boards.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll assume that Keita, Wilcher, and Lloyd are gone and that next season you start;

Lawrence
Williams
Gary
Mast
TBD

Bench spots:
-Rice. Some rumors of him transferring no idea how credible but I hope he stays because he fits great and I think he's got big upside
-Uhlis. He didn't stick around not to play next season and he's a good second unit/second ball handler option when Williams/Lawrence need a blow
-Hoiberg. Guy will always have a role. Not because his dad but because he's a great 8-10 minute energy guy and can do some shit. Liability if he plays a ton though.
-Diop. Maybe he makes a leap and starts at 5, but seems like an off the bench big for next season.

So the priorities are probably:
1. A big who can play above the rim on both ends. Would be nice if he can do some stuff outside the paint, but I think you need an option to go big and put Mast at the 4
2. A long wing who can give you something on both ends. Needn't be a complete scorer like Brice but that would be extremely nice.
3. A multi year guy who is in the mold of Mast and let's you play 5 out.

Obviously bench/starting spots play out differently depending on who you land

Last edited:

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'll assume that Keita and Lloyd are gone and that next season you start;

Lawrence
Williams
Gary
Mast
TBD

Bench spots:
-Rice. Some rumors of him transferring no idea how credible but I hope he stays because he fits great and I think he's got big upside
-Uhlis. He didn't stick around not to play next season and he's a good second unit/second ball handler option when Williams/Lawrence need a blow
-Hoiberg. Guy will always have a role. Not because his dad but because he's a great 8-10 minute energy guy and can do some shit. Liability if he plays a ton though.
-Diop. Maybe he makes a leap and starts at 5, but seems like an off the bench big for next season.

So the priorities are probably:
1. A big who can play above the rim on both ends. Would be nice if he can do some stuff outside the paint, but I think you need an option to go big and put Mast at the 4
2. A long wing who can give you something on both ends. Needn't be a complete scorer like Brice but that would be extremely nice.
3. A multi year guy who is in the mold of Mast and let's you play 5 out.

Obviously bench/starting spots play out differently depending on who you land
I think you really want to get a real PG and have Lawrence come off the bench

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you really want to get a real PG and have Lawrence come off the bench
I think he can grow into that. Maybe I'm wrong but he's shown some flashes and it's just about getting consistent. I don't think you turn down a turn key pg option from the portal if one is available and I'm not sure Ulis is more than a bench guy at this point

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Wilcher’s body language yesterday leads me to believe he’s out. Add to it he walked on senior day and I think he’s played his last game here.
I wouldn't be so sure. Walker walked on senior day 3 times. I think Wilcher was just pretty down about how he had been shooting the last portion of the season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds