Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska's first playoff game - who would you like to play and where? (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Since Rhule will have us in the playoffs in 2024, it's time to start thinking about playoff matchups. Who would you like us to play in 2024 and where? On December 20th of last year, it was 10 degrees with a real feel of -2 in Lincoln. On December 21st there was a high of 18 with a real feel of 5. So if we get a home game for our first playoff game it might be a cold, cold bitch. It might be fun to bring an SEC team here, but I think the best case scenario would be to get a matchup against Miami. I'd love to watch Miami play at Nebraska in the cold weather. If we have to go on the road, I think I'd want to go to SEC country. I think Nebraska at LSU in Death Valley would be a lot of fun.

In 2024, the first round would begin with an evening game Dec. 20 before three first-round games in the early afternoon, late afternoon and evening slots Dec. 21. Each of these games will be on the campus of the higher-seeded team.

Starting Dec. 31, the Vrbo Fiesta Bowl would host the first College Football Playoff quarterfinal before the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl Game and Allstate Sugar Bowl host the other quarterfinal games Jan. 1. The semifinals will be held Jan. 9 at the Capital One Orange Bowl and Jan. 10 at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic the Orange B before the CFP national championship game Jan. 20 at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
The 12 teams will be the six conference champions ranked highest by the selection committee (no minimum ranking requirement), plus the six highest-ranked teams not included among the six highest-ranked conference champions.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
LSU anywhere. Always had a ball with their fans, even when we've played them in the Superdome.

Pre-game LSU fans: "TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT!!!"
Post-game Nebraska fans: "Here kitty, kitty ..."

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds