Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska @ Wisconsin [1:15pm BTN] (1 Viewer)

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
The Big Short Movie CLIP - Jacked to the Tits (2015) - Ryan Gosling, Steve  Carell Drama HD on Make a GIF

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Indiana was kind of a "we need this one", this is kind of a "damn if we get this one, hell yeah".

I don't think we'll even be close with Purdue (yes I watched last year) because we're not going to catch them by surprise this time and that's ok.

Get this one and you got something really decent cooking tho

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Indiana was kind of a "we need this one", this is kind of a "damn if we get this one, hell yeah".

I don't think we'll even be close with Purdue (yes I watched last year) because we're not going to catch them by surprise this time and that's ok.

Perhaps I'm just an idiot Here, living a life of delusion. I imagine Wisconsin will be about a 7.5 to 9 point favorite. But I just can't stop thinking about a few things:

- Hoiberg has won his last two matchups vs. Greg Gard. That includes a win in Madison at the end of the 21-22 season. And this current Husker team is MUCH better.
- Teams that give Nebraska fits are teams that shoot the ball well from 3. The Huskers are going to die before they give up easy baskets at the rim. They are going to double team the post and trap along the baseline. This allows teams more open looks from the perimeter. But Wisconsin, isn't a very good shooting team from downtown. They have the 3rd fewest made 3s and 3rd worst shooting percentage in the league.

- They don't block shots and they don't rebound very well on the defensive end.

Magic # in the game for the Huskers:

73 points.

Wisconsin has lost 20 straight games where they have allowed 73 points or more.
Nebraska is 24-1 in their last 25 games of scoring 73 points or more.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Perhaps I'm just an idiot Here, living a life of delusion. I imagine Wisconsin will be about a 7.5 to 9 point favorite. But I just can't stop thinking about a few things:

- Hoiberg has won his last two matchups vs. Greg Gard. That includes a win in Madison at the end of the 21-22 season. And this current Husker team is MUCH better.
- Teams that give Nebraska fits are teams that shoot the ball well from 3. The Huskers are going to die before they give up easy baskets at the rim. They are going to double team the post and trap along the baseline. This allows teams more open looks from the perimeter. But Wisconsin, isn't a very good shooting team from downtown. They have the 3rd fewest made 3s and 3rd worst shooting percentage in the league.

73 points.

You're my kind of idiot then 😂

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

73 points.

Well said.

I think we match up well with them, too. They'll play both Wahl and Crowl at the same time, which means... Allick will be able to fit nicely into the rotation against those two bigs.

For as offensively challenged as Allick is, he is an absolute menace on the defensive end when he doesn't have to worry about offense. He and Gary are, what Gary likes to say, DAWGS. They will out hustle you every day that ends in -y.

Huskers4420

Linebacker

Wisconsin is a lot more disciplined than Indiana defensively. Indiana is bad, but we looked impressive in that dub. I think this'll be a good game if Wisconsin is missing from deep.

Purdue is a horrible match up for us. We're willing to give away what they do best, on top of them having a sasquatch in the paint to tip out offensive rebounds if they do happen to miss from long range.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member

73 points.

Calculating Russell Crowe GIF

I like these stats and the magic number a lot.
Might have to take Nebraska ML at plus money, then a TT under bet as well. If my math checks out, this is a pure profit play using the magic number theory.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

73 points.

And Nebraska is 18-5 in their last 23 games overall.

That trend doesn't matter as much what you mention specific to the Wisconsin game, but Turd and the fanbase have to like what they see.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you want to hear an insane stat:

Nebrasketball is 17-4 over their last 21 games
LOL. Just noticed you posted this 1/2 before I posted what I did.

My numbers above is Kugler mentioned the night of the Indiana game; which means either Kugler was wrong, or there were a game or two since the 17-4 that you mention.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
We aren’t going to get any help from these refs today - I can tell already

redzoner

Cornerback
Refs are still rough but it's nice that the rule changes have almost completely eliminated charges being called.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds