Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

*Nebraska vs Cockeye Game Thread* (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
giphy.gif

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Potatoes on RSS already blaming the loss on Frost. Of all our problems, he really wasn’t one today.
Yep. Although the problems are all over this team. Pick the week and it’s someone new. Just all together, ugly, undisciplined, and sadly, typical in year 3 of the Frost administration.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Potatoes on RSS already blaming the loss on Frost. Of all our problems, he really wasn’t one today.
Woo boy, hard disagree.

It starts at the top, but aside from that:

1. Jurgens started.
2. Jurgens started the 2nd half.
3. Betts touched the ball once.
4. Switched from drive by drive to set of downs by set of downs substitution with the QBs in crunch time.
5. Penalties and turnovers persist and often at the very worst of times. That's a reflection of the head man.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Woo boy, hard disagree.

It starts at the top, but aside from that:

1. Jurgens started.
2. Jurgens started the 2nd half.
3. Betts touched the ball once.
4. Switched from drive by drive to set of downs by set of downs substitution with the QBs in crunch time.
5. Penalties and turnovers persist and often at the very worst of times. That's a reflection of the head man.
#1 most people wouldve

I’ll give you #2, though it didn’t hurt us in the second half.

#3 I agree, but I also know that our QBs miss open receivers on nearly every play.

#4 again, this really didn’t hurt us though I agree it’s the wrong strategy

#5 you can’t blame a missed block and forced fumble on Frost, and he isn’t responsible for CTB’s muffed punt.

Sure the overall lack of discipline and penalties ultimately roll up to Frost, but everything does. If we want to be specific, this game was lost by our OL (and not just Jurgens).

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
#1 most people wouldve

I’ll give you #2, though it didn’t hurt us in the second half.

#3 I agree, but I also know that our QBs miss open receivers on nearly every play.

#4 again, this really didn’t hurt us though I agree it’s the wrong strategy

#5 you can’t blame a missed block and forced fumble on Frost, and he isn’t responsible for CTB’s muffed punt.

Sure the overall lack of discipline and penalties ultimately roll up to Frost, but everything does. If we want to be specific, this game was lost by our OL (and not just Jurgens).
Won't hear me disagree with the OL being culprit #1. Have no idea how they looked like they belonged on the field against OSU for a half. They've clearly regressed (somehow) since Scott and Co. showed up.

Jurgens has had 2-3 bad snaps a game since he got his first start last season. Dude should have changed positions in the off-season. Beyond that, his ass should have been benched or moved immediately after the same issues persisted from the jump this year. Playing him at center is unforgivable at this point.

Betts hasn't gotten his touches downfield, so I'm not sure how that's all that relevant. He needs touches no matter how we make them happen. He's special.

The missed block/forced fumble was step-on-your-own-dick Part 33. It didn't cost us the game. Was just the last straw out of a mighty big pile.

The team shows no accountability and Scott's words after shit sandwiches like this show that he doesn't get it. Man, I sure do hope he has a light bulb moment. The program most certainly needs it. I just don't see it right now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds