Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Cockeye Game Thread (4 Viewers)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Here’s how you know we live in the universe designed only to give us pain:

Cockeye QB falls in the end zone and flips the ball desperately towards his RB and gets a positive play instead of a safety. In any other universe that’s a safety or a touchdown and we win.

Meanwhile, a clock operator forgets to run clock. For a brief period of time, it looks like that mistake will amazingly help Nebraska. Instead we turn the ball over, and the opponent uses those extra seconds to send out a backup field goal kicker to make his first of the season.

At some point, this shit is no longer luck. We watch teams make inexplicable plays every week. We watch them seemingly recover every one of their fumbles - and ours. We watch them win reviews when the announcers say there is no way they will.

The program is constitutionally unable to find itself on the right side of a break. It is just soul crushing.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
What’s the argument here? rhule should’ve expected a turnover and left too much time on the clock for Cockeye to score? People are just yelling at clouds these last couple weeks
No, but you can’t blame a loss or win on one play. A lot of other factors went into the loss. I can name 10 more plays which could have got us to OT or won us the game which we didn’t make. I can’t get over Rhule’s shitty game management. If you couldn’t see it again this game you’re a retard. I know coaches fuck up managing some but it’s been a theme since Purdue. It’s inexcusable especially with a vet coach we perceive to be one of the best in the country.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Here’s how you know we live in the universe designed only to give us pain:

Cockeye QB falls in the end zone and flips the ball desperately towards his RB and gets a positive play instead of a safety. In any other universe that’s a safety or a touchdown and we win.

Meanwhile, a clock operator forgets to run clock. For a brief period of time, it looks like that mistake will amazingly help Nebraska. Instead we turn the ball over, and the opponent uses those extra seconds to send out a backup field goal kicker to make his first of the season.

At some point, this shit is no longer luck. We watch teams make inexplicable plays every week. We watch them seemingly recover every one of their fumbles - and ours. We watch them win reviews when the announcers say there is no way they will.

The program is constitutionally unable to find itself on the right side of a break. It is just soul crushing.
Been saying it for years. When Tom dies the sins of our past will be gone and luck will turn in our favor! By the looks of it that might happen this next year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Serious question. Can you list all of his game management errors?
The timeouts this game. Not running the ball against Maryland and setting up a fg.. Both end of halfs against Wisconsin. Not punting from midfield against Purdue.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
To make matters worse Juan is back on Twitter.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

whoboppin

Linebacker
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I prayed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
And they turn your dreams to shame

And still I dream he'd come to me
That we would live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream, I dreamed

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Your comment said again so I was asking what they were for this game.
Add in the fact we were throwing the ball 3 straight plays into the wind from our 10 right before half time with this shit offense with barely any time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds