Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Cockeye Game Thread

It's still a dumb play call as it risks stopping the clock on an imcompletion. If they were gonna take a shot down field, at least that would have gotten us somewhere. This was just a treading water type play call with pretty much nothing but downside results available.
Stopping the clock or not, they called a pass, which is inconsistent with the way they managed the timeouts when Cockeye had the ball. I really don’t care if they’re conservative or aggressive, but I can’t stand competing philosophies with how they managed the game. If you’re gonna be aggressive, be aggressive, call timeouts. If you’re happy to let the clock run out, then do it, and run the balls three times.

He should be well rested.
I think what irritates me the most about Satterfield is he fails to run the ball off schedule once in awhile. He'll take a shot downfield on 1st down, but we never run on second and long. Throwing with a substandard passing attack into obvious passing downs is just asking for trouble. We've got to stick with the run game even if we aren't successful on first down.

Tell_Sackett said:
I think what irritates me the most about Satterfield is he fails to run the ball off schedule once in awhile. He'll take a shot downfield on 1st down, but we never run on second and long. Throwing with a substandard passing attack into obvious passing downs is just asking for trouble. We've got to stick with the run game even if we aren't successful on first down. (Thread reply)
That's a great point that is often overlooked.

It’s the 3rd quarter and we have 2 fumbles lost I think we are due for one

Quick passes.....screens...bootlegs....slants....all things that we should be able to execute. 5-7 step drop backs are not what we can do well. So no what we are doing DOESN'T work.

EDIT: wow how wrong can one man be
We can do very little againt this defense. Bitch all you wamt in calls. We have almost zero playmakers playing. Zero.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back