Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska v Wisconsin [7:30 BTN] (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
quantum-leap-mirror.gif
Sweet.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
TBH this might be the most impressive win of the Hoiberg era. In a way.

We actually didn't play that well. We didn't go NBA Jam ON FIRE from 3 and make every shot. No one had a career game other than maybe Wilcher. They actually won w toughness, defense and smarts.

That's an insane thing to say for a Hoiberg NU team. It just doesn't happen that much vs top ranked teams like that.

Hoiberg's NU teams normally don't win unless they have some guys going red hot from 3. If we can start winning this way I will change my whole opinion of Hoiberg. You can actually win on the road if you can play this way when it counts.

Winning against top competition while not playing your best or being on fire from three is a great sign. Means there are multiple ways the team can win, it doesn't have to be flukey "on fire" games, etc.

A well coached team will win with hustle, effort and other oft thought as lesser areas of the game. Defense. Rebounds. Making free throws. Steals. 50/50 balls. Winning in those categories means your team isn't banking on one or two things to go really right to just get a W. Love tteams that can win ugly if need be.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t want to make a new thread because I don’t want to make tonight all about me…

The past 2 + years have been pretty rough in my personal life. Weve made it through with flying colors, but certainly tough by any metric.

Tonight, I had my son in the basement with me. He’s seeing me scream at the TV the whole first half. He went in the other room and he says “Why do you even watch this Husker stuff when you know they’ll lose?” He’s 7. He had a very solid point. So I told him that if it didn’t get any better when the clock said 13 minutes left we’d turn it off and watch a movie.

As fate would have it, the Huskers made their magical run and him and I are yelling back and forth to each other and celebrating the runs. He looked at me right after Wilcher hit that fade away from the corner and said “Dad. This is so much fun. This is why you do this, huh?”

I generally texting feverishly back and forth with @Faux Sean Callahan the whole game. But down the stretch I put the phone down and just lived in the moment with my son.

This was one for the memory bank boys. There are very few games that I can remember that were this much fun to watch.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
TBH this might be the most impressive win of the Hoiberg era. In a way.

We actually didn't play that well. We didn't go NBA Jam ON FIRE from 3 and make every shot. No one had a career game other than maybe Wilcher. They actually won w toughness, defense and smarts.

That's an insane thing to say for a Hoiberg NU team. It just doesn't happen that much vs top ranked teams like that.

Hoiberg's NU teams normally don't win unless they have some guys going red hot from 3. If we can start winning this way I will change my whole opinion of Hoiberg. You can actually win on the road if you can play this way when it counts.
I raise this take & say it was one of the most impressive in program history
We don’t have a lot of history of making massive comebacks vs one of the better teams in the country. This was a very improbable comeback, I’m still not sure how it happened. Wisconsin was playing great, we were terrible & Wisconsin got numerous heady, hustle plays which should have broken us. Them taking a tie game to a 7 point lead with around 4 to play should have been the end. Somehow it wasn’t. Reink was terrible early but unbelievable late .
The Hoiberg/CJ backcourt flipped this game on its head. Wisconsins big guards were destroying Lawrence & Keisei
Once CJ got us going the crowd took over. The crowd definitely got partial credit for the win tonight
This is a 22 win team (regular season)/possibly better.
Still expecting a top 4 Big10 tournament seed & still think this will go down as the best team in Nebraska basketball history. 2 wins in the tournament if they stay away from the 8/9 seed.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I don’t want to make a new thread because I don’t want to make tonight all about me…

The past 2 + years have been pretty rough in my personal life. Weve made it through with flying colors, but certainly tough by any metric.

Tonight, I had my son in the basement with me. He’s seeing me scream at the TV the whole first half. He went in the other room and he says “Why do you even watch this Husker stuff when you know they’ll lose?” He’s 7. He had a very solid point. So I told him that if it didn’t get any better when the clock said 13 minutes left we’d turn it off and watch a movie.

As fate would have it, the Huskers made their magical run and him and I are yelling back and forth to each other and celebrating the runs. He looked at me right after Wilcher hit that fade away from the corner and said “Dad. This is so much fun. This is why you do this, huh?”

I generally texting feverishly back and forth with @Faux Sean Callahan the whole game. But down the stretch I put the phone down and just lived in the moment with my son.

This was one for the memory bank boys. There are very few games that I can remember that were this much fun to watch.
I felt the same
Been pretty ambivalent to Husker sports when watching at home
Tonite literally cheering in the basement. My wife was upstairs watching lifetime movies wondering what was going on
This is a really good team, I’ve been saying it all along. Enjoy it, bigger things coming. They are going to make a run in the NCAAs

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I raise this take & say it was one of the most impressive in program history
We don’t have a lot of history of making massive comebacks vs one of the better teams in the country. This was a very improbable comeback, I’m still not sure how it happened. Wisconsin was playing great, we were terrible & Wisconsin got numerous heady, hustle plays which should have broken us. Them taking a tie game to a 7 point lead with around 4 to play should have been the end. Somehow it wasn’t. Reink was terrible early but unbelievable late .
The Hoiberg/CJ backcourt flipped this game on its head. Wisconsins big guards were destroying Lawrence & Keisei
Once CJ got us going the crowd took over. The crowd definitely got partial credit for the win tonight
This is a 22 win team (regular season)/possibly better.
Still expecting a top 4 Big10 tournament seed & still think this will go down as the best team in Nebraska basketball history. 2 wins in the tournament if they stay away from the 8/9 seed.

So much this. This team is doing things that no Husker basketball team has done since the 1950’s.

Look at tonight. They made a 19-point comeback in the second half, with their leading scorer sitting on the bench with 2 points.

There are no guarantees with this team, but what they are accomplishing at this point is pretty damn fun. Nebraska has only made one NCAA appearance since 1998, yet there's an unrealistic expectation for an immediate turnaround, as if fixing this program should be a simple task.

I like Fred's offense and what they run. Matt Painter on NU: "I like their team. I like how hard they play. They're together... I like the sh*t they run. It's real basketball."

His first 3 years were rough...had some really bad roster management with Matty A...but that is what worked at ISU and obviously didn't work at Nebraska. I think Fred's style is so damn good for real basketball players. It works on so many levels.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds