Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska seeking different opponent?

Wasn't there something the B1G drew up that no team could play a non-conf game when they finally agreed to play this season ?
Also, is it realistic to get a TV contract for this game on the fly, should hypothetically we get a game scheduled for this weekend ?

Not a chance in hell this happens.
1) The B1G will never allow it.
2) The logistics of planning a weekend trip for a football team worth of people in 2 days has to be just about impossible.

Completely agree.

I can't see Warren making this decision on his own, and it's not like he's going to round up a conference or Zoom call with the Presidents and Chancellors. I'll gladly eat crow if there's an announcement in the morning.

FWIW they have a short “logistics” meeting each Wednesday or Thursday at the conclusion of practice that apparently is about travel, hotel, food, time the bus leaves for stadium, etc. for both home and away games.

This meeting DID take place today.

It could have been a “we don’t have a game anymore so looks like we are practicing at 8am on Saturday” meeting.

Or it could have been a “Stay tuned, we might be playing UT-C this weekend” meeting.

JMO, but the silence from any official NU sources is telling. As far as I know, not a single official source from NU has even acknowledged the cancellation.

Not a chance in hell this happens.
1) The B1G will never allow it.
2) The logistics of planning a weekend trip for a football team worth of people in 2 days has to be just about impossible.
I'm not sure it would be all that much different than prepping for Wisconsin to come to town to play a hut hut contest. The flight origination point would be different, but not much else. Rooms are already reserved. Local transportation to/from the hotel has been contracted. Meals, etc. were lined up. TV contract is about it, and I think the BTN would still own and want the content on their network.

With all that said, I'd be stunned it if happened. The bow ties in the B1G President's offices would never sign off on it.

I'm not sure it would be all that much different than prepping for Wisconsin to come to town to play a hut hut contest. The flight origination point would be different, but not much else. Rooms are already reserved. Local transportation to/from the hotel has been contracted. Meals, etc. were lined up. TV contract is about it, and I think the BTN would still own and want the content on their network.

With all that said, I'd be stunned it if happened. The bow ties in the B1G President's offices would never sign off on it.
Agreed. It makes total sense but the B1G will and likely already has shot it down.

At the very least, this is a subtle way for Nebraska to highlight their will to play, planning and preparation and bring to light how out of touch and unorganized the B1G is.

We have done everything right.

The B1G has done everything wrong.

The general public sees it.

@#huskerbendallas (known here as @HuskerTimOmaha) took three 10mg edibles back to back to back on a ski trip and i thought he was going to die. He took the first one and since nothing was happening in the first 5 mins, he took another. Nothing was happening 5 mins after that so took a third. 30mins later on the gondola....

FixedMisguidedFulmar-size_restricted.gif
Don’t mistake me for that sleeze bag @#HBD!!! He’s been in my tater bin for years!! He’s lucky I haven’t threatened to cum down his throat like
I did with @fuzzy freddy a few years back!!

Agreed. It makes total sense but the B1G will and likely already has shot it down.

At the very least, this is a subtle way for Nebraska to highlight their will to play, planning and preparation and bring to light how out of touch and unorganized the B1G is.

We have done everything right.

The B1G has done everything wrong.

The general public sees it.
I sadly don't think the general public of other Big Ten teams see it, all I see on Twitter is people calling us pussies and crybabies, for wanting to play? Sheesh.

Spoke with a buddy who's son is close to the Athletic Dept. Tennessee Tech is on people's minds down there (they've said yes to the dress). Waiting on B1G Conference approval.

Just gotta own up on my original post, Sean did mention it in one of his articles this morning before the radio. I guess I should start reading the "3-2-1"?

Just gotta own up on my original post, Sean did mention it in one of his articles this morning before the radio. I guess I should start reading the "3-2-1"?
This was the first one in a long time with at least 1 original thought. Hard to blame anyone for not reading it when they typically are full of comments that elicit at least the thought “well, no shit!” and sometimes even so much as a “damn this dude is stupid!”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back