Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska @ Northwestern [2/7/24, 8:00pm BTN] (2 Viewers)

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Taking skers ML, I think big game tominaga and hefty Mast go off.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Most likely last chance at adding another Q1 win tonight for the rest of the regular season.

Would feel better about our chances if NW wasn't also coming off a loss.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Taking skers ML, I think big game tominaga and hefty Mast go off.

The key to this Nebraska team's success is always Rienk Mast.

Mast is averaging 18.6 PPG in Nebraska's wins.
Mast is averaging 7.7 ppg in Nebraska's losses, and that total got a big boost from his 22 point performance vs. Illinois where Nebraska nearly beat a top 10 caliber team on the road.

This team has good enough parts where guys like Tominaga, Gary, Wilcher, or Brice Williams can usually put the ball in the hoop. But the catalyst is Mast. When he is making shots it puts a TON of pressure on the opposing defense.

In the first game, Nebraska held Boo Buie in check. I doubt that happens tonight. The dude is incredible. I'm sure he will have a big night.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Hate to be that guy....but...
Star Wars GIF

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The key to this Nebraska team's success is always Rienk Mast.

Mast is averaging 18.6 PPG in Nebraska's wins.
Mast is averaging 7.7 ppg in Nebraska's losses, and that total got a big boost from his 22 point performance vs. Illinois where Nebraska nearly beat a top 10 caliber team on the road.

This team has good enough parts where guys like Tominaga, Gary, Wilcher, or Brice Williams can usually put the ball in the hoop. But the catalyst is Mast. When he is making shots it puts a TON of pressure on the opposing defense.

In the first game, Nebraska held Boo Buie in check. I doubt that happens tonight. The dude is incredible. I'm sure he will have a big night.
Mast was awful against NW the first time around and it was Allick who surprisingly did the heavy lifting in the first half of that game. Keisei hit the shot at the end of the game, but he was pretty meh that game as well.

It's not a hot take thinking Buie will play better than he did the first game, but I like the bodies Nebraska throws at him in Hoiberg and Brice. Brice seems to be more engaged on defense with this kid of matchup.

IF, and a big IF, we don't turn it over against NW, I think we head out of NW with our first B1G road win. They're not a scary matchup and don't really have any bench to speak of. Gary also adds another dimension in this matchup that we missed in the first game, and I think will play his part in shutting Barnhizer down.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Road game against a good opponent after 2 consecutive OT games?

Not feeling a lot of positive vibes tonight.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
All 8 points from the paint so far
Points in the paint are the run the damn ball of basketball

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I’d like to know what Mast has to do to draw a foul. Barnhizer just gets to be as aggressive as he wants in the post.

It’s a shame Mast can’t get the Edey treatment.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds