Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska @ Indiana [Wednesday, February 21 7:30pm BTN] (1 Viewer)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Fred is showing what he was at ISU. He took over the roster build & built the team around high IQ basketball players who can shoot rather than star ranking
The portal adds this yr were absolute HRs. Now that he’s showing results AND has gotten guys to professional careers, it’s only going to get easier for him to land whoever he sees fit thru the portal.
God it’s nice to see a team where every single guy on the floor can shoot & isnt dead weight
I think every player on 8-deep rotation has "won" us a game at this point.

Last night was a classic example. Mast is off, Wilcher is off, Tominaga gets assaulted possibly sexually... So JLaw steps up and delivers despite having some tough moments to start the year.

To me that's what makes a team really good. When it's not the same guy that wins it for you every night.

Seriously fun to watch.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I think every player on 8-deep rotation has "won" us a game at this point.

Last night was a classic example. Mast is off, Wilcher is off, Tominaga gets assaulted possibly sexually... So JLaw steps up and delivers despite having some tough moments to start the year.

To me that's what makes a team really good. When it's not the same guy that wins it for you every night.

Seriously fun to watch.
Yes, this. A different guy has stepped up and been the difference in pretty much every “big” win this year.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
That overturn on the out of bounds call should trigger an FBI investigation into this shithole conference. There was zero way that guy had an angle to make that call that the guy standing right there didn’t have.

The same ref, Tom Eades, had a few different questionable calls that benefited Indiana last night.

Don't forget when he pulled this stunt.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
BOOM! Fred for Mayor!

Seriously how many Indiana fans last night were probably wondering if they could trade coaches? Woodson is hopeless.

Indiana is probably one of the best matchups for us you could draw up on paper. It doesn't matter where that game is played, we're beating them.

Our defense takes away the paint and is willing to give up 3's (rank 347th out of 362 teams in opponent 3 point attempts. We really don't defend the 3 at all).

Indiana ranks 351st in three point attempts per game. We're letting them take shots that they're coached to not take.

When that happens, Indiana starts to malfunction like they did last night and in Lincoln. Implosion is imminent.

Edit: I should also add that Indiana isn't much better than us at defending the 3. They rank 323rd in opponent 3 point attempts. Yet our offense is made specifically for the 3 point shot. It's literally the perfect matchup.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
The same ref, Tom Eades, had a few different questionable calls that benefited Indiana last night.

Don't forget when he pulled this stunt.

I’m just so tired of watching Big Ten basketball refs. They either clearly have an agenda in favor of certain teams or they’re naturally awful. Either of those things means they shouldn’t be out there.

Now, I will say they were fine until that first part of the second half. But dude, that stretch was terrible and they tried their best to let Indiana back into it.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last night was a Quad 2 win.
our remaining game are currently Q2, Q1, Q3, Q2.
All games "should" be favorable to win.
Almost impossible for us not to make the tourney.
Fuck it, I can even see a bye in the B1G
Just don't fuck up the Q3. Worse than 2-2 s a disaster but great opportunity to sail into the conference tourney shoring up the weaker part of your resume in road wins

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240.
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353.

Q2 Home (73) Minnesota
Q1 Away (66) Ohio St.
Q3 Home (90) Rutgers
Q2 Away (116) Michigan

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds