Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska @ Indiana [Wednesday, February 21 7:30pm BTN] (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Their Mike Woodson era really has a lot of similarities to our Frost era.

Traditional blue blood has rough spell. Hires alum as HC. Becomes clear the alum is NOT the guy to turn the program around. But program is stuck with the alum for an extra yr bc they "can't fire the alum too soon."

This is a carbon copy of the end of the Frost era. They are stuck w Woodson next yr bc he'll blame the injuries etc. Indiana hoops in a bad place. And will be next yr too.
How many times have we had the opportunity to say - "it sucks for them". Feels like the tide is turning for the whole athletic department.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
There is no way they jump 5-6 seed lines winning those 4 games. There’s only 1 Q1 game in that entire stretch

they could actually move to like the 8-9 line more than likely… which to be frank I’d rather be a 10

The real question becomes.. can we get a double bye in the B1G tournament?
Yeah....you gotta go for the double bye at this point. The NCAA seed is gonna suck regardless at this point.

Double bye is huge bc it saves you fatigue wise, bc you don't have a waste a game vs a Q3 team that won't help you at all.

Try to stay fresh heading into the tournament bc you're gonna have a shitty seed regardless. there's no real difference between 6 through 11 seed teams anyway.

ColoREDo

God of sarcasm...but real.
Minnesota
@ Ohio State
Rutgers
@ Michigan

Huge win tonight.
Probably go 2-2 the last 4, but 4-0 isn’t unrealistic either. Ohio state and Michigan are garbage. Should win even though they are road games. They’ll be favored vs Rutgers and Minnesota. Just have to take care of business.

Finishing 23-8(13-7) is a dream season for this team. They could be looking at a 5-7 seed
Ohio State is garbage but they beat Purdue so not a pushover and its on the road. Hopefully the curse is broken.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
How many times have we had the opportunity to say - "it sucks for them". Feels like the tide is turning for the whole athletic department.
Yep. Was thinking that too.

Also thinking how I'm enjoying NOT having an alum as HC. We saw this w Frost. Too many people have their judgement clouded by "we can't fire him, we're close" shit.

95% of Indiana fans know Woodson will never be the guy there. But they're forced to suffer through another yr of this and then it's 1000% guaranteed to end in a firing after 24-25 season. It absolutely sucks to be in that position as a fan. We lived this during the HCSF era and honestly I'm not sure I'd wish it on too many people. Colorado, Oklahoma, Wisconsin... I don't even know if I hate Cockeye enough to wish it on them LOL.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yep. Was thinking that too.

Also thinking how I'm enjoying NOT having an alum as HC. We saw this w Frost. Too many people have their judgement clouded by "we can't fire him, we're close" shit.

95% of Indiana fans know Woodson will never be the guy there. But they're forced to suffer through another yr of this and then it's 1000% guaranteed to end in a firing after 24-25 season. It absolutely sucks to be in that position as a fan. We lived this during the HCSF era and honestly I'm not sure I'd wish it on too many people. Colorado, Oklahoma, Wisconsin... I don't even know if I hate Cockeye enough to wish it on them LOL.
I liked your post, even though you mentioned Cock Eye. I almost went back and unliked your post because of it. Ha ha!

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
If you ever want to see a case study for how refs can change the trajectory of a game in just a few minutes, the start of this half has been textbook. Allowing IU to get up in our grill and make tons of contact. On the other end, we can’t breath on aware without a whistle.

It was 6 to 1 to start the second half in fouls called. There was a span where 5 possessions out of 7 were whistled for fouls on us.

We didn’t play well to start. But it was also compounded by the idea the refs wanted Indiana to have a chance to stay in the game.

That overturn on the out of bounds call should trigger an FBI investigation into this shithole conference. There was zero way that guy had an angle to make that call that the guy standing right there didn’t have.

That is severe incompetence or there’s some intentionality behind being that bad. Both of those things should warrant termination.

Seriously…. It defies physics to believe that ref saw what he called there.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I don't know how it's even possible that IU has been on this run of mostly shit for as long as they have been

Stop hiring alumni that only have NBA coaching experience. It seems like a no brainer but teams still insist on trying it.

It’s why Tyron Lue would’ve been a colossal fail here.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
The turnaround that Freddy has made since mid last season is incredible iyam.
Fred is showing what he was at ISU. He took over the roster build & built the team around high IQ basketball players who can shoot rather than star ranking
The portal adds this yr were absolute HRs. Now that he’s showing results AND has gotten guys to professional careers, it’s only going to get easier for him to land whoever he sees fit thru the portal.
God it’s nice to see a team where every single guy on the floor can shoot & isnt dead weight

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
It was 6 to 1 to start the second half in fouls called. There was a span where 5 possessions out of 7 were whistled for fouls on us.

We didn’t play well to start. But it was also compounded by the idea the refs wanted Indiana to have a chance to stay in the game.

That overturn on the out of bounds call should trigger an FBI investigation into this shithole conference. There was zero way that guy had an angle to make that call that the guy standing right there didn’t have.

That is severe incompetence or there’s some intentionality behind being that bad. Both of those things should warrant termination.

Seriously…. It defies physics to believe that ref saw what he called there.
let’s go kick his ass Terry !! ill fight that shithead zebra

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I liked your post, even though you mentioned Cock Eye. I almost went back and unliked your post because of it. Ha ha!
Lol.

I'm one of those guys who has trouble viewing Cockeye as our #1 rival. I see them as a minor league athletic dept. They've never really won anything outside of wrestling. They don't really seem to have the drive to be national players in either football or basketball.

I'm one of those that hates Wisconsin more than Cockeye. Cockeye has never risen to the Colorado or Oklahoma level hate for me. It just doesn't do it for me. I do enjoy beating them though (mainly bc I know we live in their fans' heads year round)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds