Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska H.S. Boys BB State Tournament Day #4 Results - Finals Matchups (1 Viewer)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
SEMIFINALS

CLASS A

Millard North 69, Millard West 62
Bellevue West 95, Omaha Pickle Smoochers Prep 94 (3OT)

CLASS B
Elkhorn 49, Norris 33
Beatrice 41, Waverly 29

CLASS C1
Auburn 39, Omaha Concordia 37 (2OT)
Adams Central 52, Wayne 40

------------------------------------------------

CONSOLATION GAMES

CLASS C2

Bancroft-Rosalie/Lyons-Decatur 59, Hartington Cedar Catholic 48

CLASS D1
North Platte St. Patrick's 69, Burwell 56

CLASS D2
Humphrey St. Francis 56, O'Neill St. Mary's 39

========================================

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
Saturday - March 13 - Pinnacle Bank Arena

9:00 AM

CLASS C2

Howells-Dodge (20-8) vs. Humphrey/Lindsay Holy Family (22-5)

10:45 AM
CLASS C1

Auburn (25-0) vs. Adams Central (26-2)

2:00 PM
CLASS B

Elkhorn (19-7) vs. Beatrice (18-6)

3:45 PM
CLASS D2

Parkview Christian (27-1) vs. Falls City Sacred Heart (19-7)

7:00 PM
CLASS A

Millard North (25-2) vs. Bellevue West (24-2)

8:45 PM
CLASS C2

Grand Island Central Catholic (24-4) vs. Yutan (24-2)

-----------------------------------------------

CONSOLATION GAME
at Lincoln North Star

9:00 AM

CLASS C1

Omaha Concordia (22-5) vs. Wayne (23-6)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Bellevue West and Pickle Smoochers Prep combined for 189 points, which is a new Class A and All-Class State Tournament record for combined points by two teams. It breaks the old record of 186 points set in 1999 when Bellevue West defeated Lincoln Northeast 97-89 in double overtime.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got a chance to watch the Beatrice game today. Pretty entertaining game and my seniors enjoyed a Midwest Bank commercial that featured my uncle. It’s interesting looking at the differences between Alaska and Nebraska basketball.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Bellevue West and Pickle Smoochers Prep combined for 189 points, which is a new Class A and All-Class State Tournament record for combined points by two teams. It breaks the old record of 186 points set in 1999 when Bellevue West defeated Lincoln Northeast 97-89 in double overtime.
How did that game end?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yutan won on a last secondish shot. Brady Timm is an absolute clone of his dad. Think he might be a little better shooter though.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Great games the last two days - FCSH & Doug Goltz make it after going 0-2 in MUDECAS earlier in the year. Beatrice doesn’t really look like a championship team but the team is playing hot. Norris got completely shut out. Had four points at half with two being free throws. Millard West gave North a run for their money with a insane student section. And of course, Chucky/Fidler/Dotzler pull it off in arguably the best high school game in Nebraska history.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m cheering for Falls City (Sacred Heart) in the D-2 game. I know he was a public school guy, but this one is for @GodisaHusker.

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Bell west prep.

It sounded like something happened in the last 10 seconds of game

Prep made a shot to trail by 1 with about seven seconds left. BW simply refused to pick up the ball and even try to inbound it, so the clock ran out.

In the postgame, the BW players say they practice that situation all the time and were prepared to do that. Since then there have been calls that rules should be changed to mimic college where the clock stops in the last minute on made baskets to avoid this type of scenario.

I believe the "official" rule is you have five seconds to pick up the ball after a made basket, and then at that point, the five second count to inbound the ball would begin.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Prep made a shot to trail by 1 with about seven seconds left. BW simply refused to pick up the ball and even try to inbound it, so the clock ran out.

In the postgame, the BW players say they practice that situation all the time and were prepared to do that. Since then there have been calls that rules should be changed to mimic college where the clock stops in the last minute on made baskets to avoid this type of scenario.

I believe the "official" rule is you have five seconds to pick up the ball after a made basket, and then at that point, the five second count to inbound the ball would begin.
That's interesting... So if you are smart if there is less than 10 seconds the game is basically over.

Isn't a foul before the inbound different than a regular foul?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds