Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Nebraska finalizing offer for Sr. Associate Athletic Director

What on earth has Matty D done to merit a promotion in his mind? Bill Jennings award of excellence?

Matt is the best at running his mouth all over town to local business owners about how terrible the program had become under Riley, how all the players were lazy and unmotivated, and how they are going to make a serious run for the BIG title by year 2....(true story).

He is also really good at having the football coaches and staff over to his pad above Gate 25 so they can party with coeds and local jersey-chasers outside the confines of their families. He's the GOAT at that.

Last edited:
Matt is the best at running his mouth all over town to local business owners about how terrible the program had become under Riley, how all the players were lazy and unmotivated, and how they are going to make a serious run for the BIG title by year 2....(true story).

He is also really good at having the football coaches and staff over to his pad above Gate 25 so they can party with coeds and local jersey-chasers outside the confines of their families. He's the GOAT at that.
Sounds like Matt has his shit figured out

Matt is a married man as well. SMH.

sign me up conor mcgregor GIF by UFC

Frost needs accountability. I wouldn't give a damn if it pissed Frost off. He doesn't run the show. If Davidson would get that job he certainly wouldn't be providing accountability. So if Davidson got it I think it would definitely matter. I'm happy to hear that administration shut that down. Feels a lot like politics.

And let's face it with Moos. That guy probably has a countdown calendar on his office wall for number of days left on his contract. Moos doesn't have power to do much. I'm sure he wants to get out of here as fast as he can.

Everything I've heard is Frost can pretty much do whatever he wants. Been told that multiple times for a few years. My hope would be after this OU DEBACLE (still shocks me that actually happened) that this is move from the administration that is going to force a little more accountability.
Accountability is my read on it too. However, I think if Frost would have won more up to this point, Davison is probably the favorite to get that job and eventually the AD job once Moos calls it a day. Feels like some urgency to win being pushed down on Mr. Frost.

Matt Davison is holding orgies at his second home located above a popular Husker bar several blocks from the stadium in the middle of the most popular entertainment district in Lincoln featuring some of the most recognizable people in the state? And only the Platinum Board knows about this? "Inside Info" indeed!

Anyway I'm glad he won't be getting the gig, I made a thread on RSS during the season wondering what his role is and whether a more seasoned professional could actually help Frost make some strides, and I never did quite get a straight answer. Seems to be a local-celeb glad hander at best. I wonder if Frost regrets how he's surrounded himself with people who clearly aren't helping him get the job done.

Anyway I'm glad he won't be getting the gig, I made a thread on RSS during the season wondering what his role is and whether a more seasoned professional could actually help Frost make some strides, and I never did quite get a straight answer. Seems to be a local-celeb glad hander at best. I wonder if Frost regrets how he's surrounded himself with people who clearly aren't helping him get the job done.

I think fans over estimate the amount of influence some of these guys have on a program, kind of like Mark Boehm and basketball. But of all the hand wringing about buddy hires Matt Davison is by far the definition of that.

Matt Davison is holding orgies at his second home located above a popular Husker bar several blocks from the stadium in the middle of the most popular entertainment district in Lincoln featuring some of the most recognizable people in the state? And only the Platinum Board knows about this? "Inside Info" indeed!

When you really get down to it, Lincoln is still a small town...word gets around. Moos is drunk. Davison is a philanderer. You don’t need CIA-level intel, or be a complete cynic about the current state of the program, to know or believe these things.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back