Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska +8 vs Minnesota (3 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
You think we 8 games this year
Maybe my O/U is 7.5 drinks per game.

We’ve suffered too long brother for boundless optimism.

200.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not a gambler but seems like the Huskers would be the take here. Minnesota loses so much from last season including coaches & coordinators. Fleck is a motivator but not sure how good of X's & O's coach he is. He's had some easy B1G schedules up until this season. Also I would think we would have a better chance of adding more higher transfer portal players between now and the game than Minnesota does. If we add some quality experienced O Line and/or D line that should affect the spread a bit. My only concern on offense is our O Line right now. On D I am mainly concerned about interior D line & Inside Linebackers

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not a gambler but seems like the Huskers would be the take here. Minnesota loses so much from last season including coaches & coordinators. Fleck is a motivator but not sure how good of X's & O's coach he is. He's had some easy B1G schedules up until this season. Also I would think we would have a better chance of adding more higher transfer portal players between now and the game than Minnesota does. If we add some quality experienced O Line and/or D line that should affect the spread a bit. My only concern on offense is our O Line right now. On D I am mainly concerned about interior D line & Inside Linebackers
agree - at the very least it will take him as while to get the team to gel. Of course, we have to gel as well.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Minnesota will have a harder time prepping for the new Nebraska than vice versa .. That might be enough for NU to cover +8

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A line over 7 feels like an NU lock to me.
SKERS +8 ALL DAY BABY. ALL FUCKIN DAY.

For context I've taken the points for each opener last 2 years and I've been paid out big both times (thank you Bert and Fitz).

I'm not saying NU is going to be any great shakes this year, but I fuckin love getting +8 in a season and conference opener.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
As someone who has won most of my gambling money fading Nebraska football (nearly exclusively bet money line), I’m getting the sense that Vegas has over corrected to account for that trend. Everyone knew Nebraska was going to lose the game and by the end of the year it was stupid to bet anything other than Nebraska. I don’t remember what the money line was against Cockeye but I know I didn’t lose much as it didn’t make sense to bet much. +8 feels like they want to ensure bets are placed on Nebraska early.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds