Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread NCAA Tournament: #8 Nebraska v #9 Texas A&M [Friday, March 22, 5:30pm TNT] - FUCK Turd ALBERTS (1 Viewer)

herbie tarlek

Linebacker
They learned a lot from the Illinois game. Yes, they were hot from 3 but they just put their head down and drove the ball like Illinois did and we didn't have any answers like we didn't in that game, we are poor on the ball and we have no rim protectors. Our bigs are vertically challenged. Buzz saw this and used the same plan

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Woke up and still don’t feel any better. Maybe it’s the hangover though. This sucks all around. I finally thought this would be the year. As a Cubs fan would say, “There’s always next year”

I’ve probably been the harshest critic with my friends on Fred, but I finally believe we are on the right track.

redzoner

Cornerback
It sucks we lost but I have moved on already. I think we have a good coach and for once we don’t lose all of our team after making it to the tournament. I think our success this year and style of play will give us a chance at some higher transfers to fill gaps in the roster.

Look at A&M. It’s been a 3 year journey for them to get that win. We have to capitalize on this experience and use it to get back next year and know what it takes to show up in the tournament.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
They learned a lot from the Illinois game. Yes, they were hot from 3 but they just put their head down and drove the ball like Illinois did and we didn't have any answers like we didn't in that game, we are poor on the ball and we have no rim protectors. Our bigs are vertically challenged. Buzz saw this and used the same plan
It’s not anything unique to us. That’s their offensive style. It’s how they end up shooting a trillion free throws per game.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
It sucks we lost but I have moved on already. I think we have a good coach and for once we don’t lose all of our team after making it to the tournament. I think our success this year and style of play will give us a chance at some higher transfers to fill gaps in the roster.

Look at A&M. It’s been a 3 year journey for them to get that win. We have to capitalize on this experience and use it to get back next year and know what it takes to show up in the tournament.
Yup. Perfectly stated. The goal is to be back next year with added pieces to help make the roster more complete and hopefully have a bit better of a seed line

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
So being at a serious athletic disadvantage is not something that we should have been concerned about?

Or playing the top O rebounding team in the country?

Sure, no one thought we would get out-shot from distance from Turd & M. But we did. Had we had our usual advantage from the long distance shooting area, you bet it evens things up a lot. But we couldn't contain their athletes. Mast is skilled, but not physically athletically talented. A physically talented team - and one that works hard and plays together like Turd & M's club does - will make it tough on lesser physically talented squads.

So I disagree. This was a bad matchup for us. A well coached, talented team, that had a rough first half of the season, but came on very strong late in the season, was a bad matchup for our teams talent.

Fred got a lot out of a group that had some real limitations. Sometimes those limitations are a worse matchup with a team like we faced tonight. The fact that a bad shooting team from distance shot double their normal yearly average, did indeed doom us to this game being a very tough one to win.

Fred now knows the holes in the roster that need to be filled. I am sure he knew already, but a game like this only solidifies that fact.

I am still proud of our team and coaches. Great year, made excellent progress towards continuing to build a better, stronger, more well-rounded club. Sucks we lost, but that's life. Adjust and improve or don't and stay mired in our perpetual state of where we have been as a program.

You are essentially making my point. aTm had the best shooting night it’s had under Buzz Williams. Had they been average, the game plan is intact and their athletic ability really isn’t a concern because you can play them exactly how we played Indiana. Which is essentially one foot in the paint at all times, sag on screens, if they want a 22fter you oblige, etc.

Tell me how many driving lanes you have when there are 4 guys in or around the paint or how much easier it is to keep someone off the glass?

Their athletic ability didn’t beat us. Them shooting twice their season average from 3 did.

On paper by 90-95% of the statistical metrics this game favored Nebraska. This couldn’t have been a better match up when you looked at it that way. But all that was turned on its head by one statistical outlier. Which is aTm shooting 55%

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You are essentially making my point. aTm had the best shooting night it’s had under Buzz Williams. Had they been average, the game plan is intact and their athletic ability really isn’t a concern because you can play them exactly how we played Indiana. Which is essentially one foot in the paint at all times, sag on screens, if they want a 22fter you oblige, etc.

Tell me how many driving lanes you have when there are 4 guys in or around the paint or how much easier it is to keep someone off the glass?

Their athletic ability didn’t beat us. Them shooting twice their season average from 3 did.

On paper by 90-95% of the statistical metrics this game favored Nebraska. This couldn’t have been a better match up when you looked at it that way. But all that was turned on its head by one statistical outlier. Which is aTm shooting 55%

We had no answer for their athleticism. On transistion opportunities, they drove right at us, over us and around us. Their coach had a good gameplan. I don't even fault Fred really. There is not much we could do to slow them or stop them.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

I’m sad too man. Tough loss. Good post.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I’m sad too man. Tough loss. Good post.

This team was such a joy to watch all year. It gave us some incredible moments. I am sad because I wasn’t ready for it to be done. I think this team deserved better than to be ousted by what amounts to a statistical anomaly. But that’s the way it goes. Let’s build and get back here. Hopefully this isn’t the height of the Hoiberg era and it serves as a launching point.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He fantasizes about it daily.
I think the problem is with you, Jim. You choose to spend your time on your favorite team's message board, rooting for their success and providing well thought out analysis for their future games.

Choca spends his entire free time each day fantasizing about his favorite team getting anally penetrated by their arch rival's head coach. To each their own, I say!

Both are completely normal behaviors and both are a respectable uses of one's time. Jim of course thinks the other guy is the insane one (he would).

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the problem is with you, Jim. You choose to spend your time on your favorite team's message board, rooting for their success and providing well thought out analysis for their future games.

Choca spends his entire free time each day fantasizing about his favorite team getting anally penetrated by their arch rival's head coach. To each their own, I say!

Both are completely normal behaviors and both are a respectable uses of one's time. Jim of course thinks the other guy is the insane one (he would).
Also @ChocaEgg fantasizes about Prime putting his penis in Choca's butthole.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Also @ChocaEgg fantasizes about Prime putting his penis in Choca's butthole.
are we sure it's just a fantasy? It would explain a lot if not.
rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
As soon as the matchup was announced, anyone capable of objective thought knew it was a L.

The people getting all wound up about Fred's extension are being ridiculous. He didn't have a chance with this matchup and our tourney run was doomed from the start.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds