Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NAIA Coaching Salaries?

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Any of you guys know what head football coaches at NAIA schools make? How about their athletic directors?

I'm curious whether my 2nd cousin is loaded or a poor, or where he might be located in the middle.

I know that a few years ago the KCAC was a range from $75k to $35k. Depending on the school. I assume guys in the HAAC and other conferences that are generally better funded than the KCAC are in that $75k range.

I know that a few years ago the KCAC was a range from $75k to $35k. Depending on the school. I assume guys in the HAAC and other conferences that are generally better funded than the KCAC are in that $75k range.

I don't know KCAC or HAAC. Are those similar to NAIA?

Also, his wife is a primary school music teacher, so she's not likely bringing in the bank.

I don't know KCAC or HAAC. Are those similar to NAIA?

Also, his wife is a primary school music teacher, so she's not likely bringing in the bank.
I'm guessing they received their full "stimulus" checks from the gubmint. But if they're both doing what they love, then you can't put a price on it*, amIright?

Actually, you can. It's called a "salary" and the market has determined what their services are worth. But I truly do hope they're both doing what they love and have developed a financial plan to live within their means and not beyond them as so many folks are want to do these days.

Is coaching in the NAIA an easier job than a top class high school? Logic being you don't have to teach/have a day job.

Is coaching in the NAIA an easier job than a top class high school? Logic being you don't have to teach/have a day job.

This is a mixed response. If I was given a choice of top Class B or A school vs a mid level NAIA, I'd probably lean high school.

Pros of NAIA vs High School
1. You're coaching college athletes. Granted it's a lower level, but these are still all state or all conference players or at least select starters off of high school teams.
2. You get to recruit to your system.
3. Typically good money behind the programs for team doctors, weight rooms, uniforms, travel.

Cons
1. Locally you're recruiting to an expensive school in small towns in Cockeye, Kansas, SD, Nebraska. Tough to sell that to kids outside those states.
2. You're recruiting to expensive, typically religious based schools. Again, tough sell.
3. Recruiting against good regional D2 schools. If you're outside 1 or 2 teams in GPAC, KCAC, or Heart there is zero chance of making playoffs or sniffing a conference championship.
4. Likely to get fired after a couple bad seasons.
5. Outside a few teams there are not a huge fan base, especially some of the lower level schools.

Any of you guys know what head football coaches at NAIA schools make? How about their athletic directors?

I'm curious whether my 2nd cousin is loaded or a poor, or where he might be located in the middle.
50-70k I’m guessing. The UNK coach makes in the low the 100s which is division II. I’m also guessing they can make some money off some camps.

Which school? I can tell you if he's a good coach or not.

Previously Doane, cleaned up Tommie's dumpster fire and did fairly well for a few years. Just moved back to coaching at Hastings. Never quite got over the Morningside hump to win the GPAC, though.

Previously Doane, cleaned up Tommie's dumpster fire and did fairly well for a few years. Just moved back to coaching at Hastings. Never quite got over the Morningside hump to win the GPAC, though.

It'll be tough to get over that Morningside and Northwestern hill and now with Dordt making its way up there, even tougher.

I have done quite a few of Coach Franzen's games. Good coach and good guy to work with on the sidelines. We could tell he wasn't enjoying the AD role as much as coaching and not suprised at the move. I know he's pretty well respected around the conference.

Hopefully most of that camp money goes to GAs and ACs who live off ramen and work their asses off
The coaches also made their money off teaching classes at UNK. It wasn’t long ago the head coaches were still teaching classes there. I’m pretty sure that isn’t the case atleast for the head football coach now. I remember Kropp teaching a basketball class and taking a class with the d coordinator teaching something like healthy living.

The coaches also made their money off teaching classes at UNK. It wasn’t long ago the head coaches were still teaching classes there. I’m pretty sure that isn’t the case atleast for the head football coach now. I remember Kropp teaching a basketball class and taking a class with the d coordinator teaching something like healthy living.
I played D2, I was the TA for the defensive coordinator in a bowling class. All I did was draw up scout cards and spray shoes

Big difference. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a class A football coach in Nebraska isn't just coaching football. He's probably teaching or some other job from 7-3. I'm not sure that's true in Texas.
Even at my school the head coach teaches, but it's a class called football. I think he teaches it three hours/day. The top schools in Austin, Westlake and Lake Travis, pay their head coach six figures.

50-70k I’m guessing. The UNK coach makes in the low the 100s which is division II. I’m also guessing they can make some money off some camps.
Sheesh... you gotta really love the game to coach for only that much. Lots of fairly low stress 9-5s out there paying the same if not better.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back