Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

My past 24 hours

So does your homeowner's insurance cover the damage? I'm honestly asking the question because I don't know the answer.

So does your homeowner's insurance cover the damage? I'm honestly asking the question because I don't know the answer.
Why? You planning on getting blasted and driving through @Jim14510's living room? Because if so

angry desperate housewives GIF

(This is me calling shotgun in such an effort in case that isn't 100% clear)

Why? You planning on getting blasted and driving through @Jim14510's living room? Because if so

I would only steal from Jim. I would never cause senseless damage to this property. I'm not an animal.

But I'm genuinely curious about how this damage is covered, if at all?

Wait what the hell happened? I feel like I'm missing something haha. They crashed the car, tried to leave it there, golfers followed them, police came, _________?___________, they came back the next morning and harassed you about something?

I would only steal from Jim. I would never cause senseless damage to this property. I'm not an animal.

But I'm genuinely curious about how this damage is covered, if at all?
I would assume so under other structures. It shouldn’t be any different than someone driving through your house with a car.

I would assume so under other structures. It shouldn’t be any different than someone driving through your house with a car.

Sure, but if someone who has auto insurance crashes through my house, doesn't their liability insurance cover my damages? Oh... and if I sound ignorant about this, trust me, I am.

I'm in my mid 40s and never filed a single homeowners claim, and only had two simple auto claims in my life.

Sure, but if someone who has auto insurance crashes through my house, doesn't their liability insurance cover my damages? Oh... and if I sound ignorant about this, trust me, I am.

I'm in my mid 40s and never filed a single homeowners claim, and only had two simple auto claims in my life.
I think you would go after the car insurance first. If they aren’t insured you’re fucked I assume. Im sure the homeowners insurance could go after the driver in court, but if they are uninsured they likely don’t have money anyways. My wife had an accident where it was the other persons fault. They didn’t have insurance, so our coverage had to cover it, and our insurance company at the time is still going after the person 5-6 years later.

I think you would go after the car insurance first. If they aren’t insured you’re fucked I assume. Im sure the homeowners insurance could go after the driver in court, but if they are uninsured they likely don’t have money anyways. My wife had an accident where it was the other persons fault. They didn’t have insurance, so our coverage had to cover it, and our insurance company at the time is still going after the person 5-6 years later.

This is why I asked the question, and I assumed this might be the case. Sadly, I think its going to be months before any compensation is paid out.

That sucks, and I feel bad for OP.

I don't see a street particularly close to your fence. Where did they come from? How far off the street are they?

NW 12th street runs between his backyard and the Highlands Golf Course/Pool. There is about 50 yards from that street to his fenceline, just guessing from driving this road.

NW 12th street runs between his backyard and the Highlands Golf Course/Pool. There is about 50 yards from that street to his fenceline, just guessing from driving this road.

Damn. I can't fathom how drunk you have to be at 3 pm to veer 50 yards off a side street and land in someone's back yard. You'd almost have to be driving 30+ over the speed limit to pull off such a stunt.

This is why I asked the question, and I assumed this might be the case. Sadly, I think its going to be months before any compensation is paid out.

That sucks, and I feel bad for OP.

Correct by @Cash68847 here. In an event that a motorist isn’t insured you’d file a claim under your coverage and get your stuff fixed. From there your insurance company sues the uninsured for what they paid out. The process is called subrogation. The insurance company knows that most of the time they don’t recoup that money. But its procedural.

With timeliness of insurance claim payouts, I’d tell you it’s a lot easier than you think. First, many contractors will do the work when they know you’ve got insurance money coming as long as you have a claim number and other documentation.

I just had a 35k water claim that was paid out very quickly. The work being actually done on my house was very slow simply because cabinets take forever to special order. I had water destroy my house in mid March. My house still isn’t quite done as far as work goes.

gun sniper GIF

That's me on my roof waiting to pick off the guy in the passenger seat first.

Except it isn't snowing. Also, you can't see the guy very well but even with the limited vision you can tell he's skinnier and cooler than me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back