Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Music Box: Woodstock 99: (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
Good documentary.

What was especially revealing in it was how music took a turn for the worst in the late 90's. The decade started out strong with Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc and somehow gave way to crappy Nu Metal. The people at that concert enjoying Limp Bizkit deserved to wallow in shit.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I thought the footage behind it was good, but the commentary really pushed a narrative that it was attended by an angry, white, misogynist, unwarranted angered, white privileged male.

Moby was a complete bitch in this all
Another attendee also looked like a bitch
Some other jackass was a bitch.
Co-founder/promoter came off as an asshole and took no responsibility
Some female attendee was scared of being raped or groped, but when you see her, she had zero chance of either.

The whole section on DMX's encouraging the crowd to scream "my nig...r" was cringeworthy. "I wonder how the black male and especially black women felt with a crowd of white males people saying that word.".... Well DMX pushed it, encouraged it, and it is literally his lyrics in the song.

Yes, there were a few sex assaults', lots of "show us your boobs", groping of females in mosh pits or crowd. Those were not ok.

I bet a large part of the anger on Saturday and Sunday was fueled by the heat, the expensive water, lack of toilets, and shitty camp conditions.

I'm pissed I was too young by a few years to attend this.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
I thought the footage behind it was good, but the commentary really pushed a narrative that it was attended by an angry, white, misogynist, unwarranted angered, white privileged male.

Moby was a complete bitch in this all
Another attendee also looked like a bitch
Some other jackass was a bitch.
Co-founder/promoter came off as an asshole and took no responsibility
Some female attendee was scared of being raped or groped, but when you see her, she had zero chance of either.

The whole section on DMX's encouraging the crowd to scream "my nig...r" was cringeworthy. "I wonder how the black male and especially black women felt with a crowd of white males people saying that word.".... Well DMX pushed it, encouraged it, and it is literally his lyrics in the song.

Yes, there were a few sex assaults', lots of "show us your boobs", groping of females in mosh pits or crowd. Those were not ok.

I bet a large part of the anger on Saturday and Sunday was fueled by the heat, the expensive water, lack of toilets, and shitty camp conditions.

I'm pissed I was too young by a few years to attend this.
Moby did come off as a little bitch.

The lineup was incredible. Over the years I’ve seen a shitload of those bands. Some together, most by themselves. The thought of all of them in one place though. Damn.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Fuck the narrative shoved down Americas throats

Just watch

Saw kid rock back in 99 (he put on a hell of a show) at Westfair with Fuel, Buckcherry and one of my favorite bands, the Urge. Linked an Urge song below “open all night”. Fuckers get after it every show.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw kid rock back in 99 (he put on a hell of a show) at Westfair with Fuel, Buckcherry and one of my favorite bands, the Urge. Linked an Urge song below “open all night”. Fuckers get after it every show.

Now there’s a band that I haven’t thought about in like 15 years.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Now there’s a band that I haven’t thought about in like 15 years.
Not sure where you at, but up until last year they’ve played at Waiting Room in Omaha every fall for a few years. Still high energy shows and amazed how good they still are. Even their more recent stuff brings it.
Wish they played more shows outside of St.Louis.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
They came through town like 6-7 years ago and my buddy and I went. No joke…to this day it is still one of the most fun concerts I’ve been to. Pure nostalgic joy.
3 Dollar Bill Y’all went hard. Everything else from them is kinda trash.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds