Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Most Hated (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hate everyone in the current B10. Just never liked the vibe. Fuck their stupid rivalry games, dotting the I, "Michigan Man" nonsense and their terrible travel destinations. I'll be a fan of the WC teams that are joining to disrupt things. Nebraska has always been the odd man out in the league and I'm all for upending the old guard.
I think NIL is going to be a huge disruptor for those hanger-on schools in the B1G. There was a halcyon period for those schools like NW, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota etc....where they got a huge financial advantage vs the rest of P5 just from their BTN $$. They all puffed their chest out at different times in last 10 yrs but their advantage is going away.

Now schools like Nebraska, Oregon, USC (in addition to MICH/OSU/PSU) have a built in advantage over those smaller fanbase/smaller collective $$$ schools. If they don't fuck it up with bad HC hires.

You can see if already happening with schools like Minnesota. Fleck has already told his boosters that MN is set to become a AAA/feeder program unless the they pony up big time $$$ for their collective. The Old Guard is really held up by the shitty schools like NW/MN/Illinois/Purdue/Indiana....but those schools are in for a rough next 10 yrs. Yes they're in good shape bc they're in the B1G. But they're gonna get their dicks knocked in the dirt after another 5 yrs of NIL.

They'll be perpetual bottom feeders in the new B1G/SEC breakaway. They'll be fine with that though bc of all the $$$ they get from the TV contract.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds