Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Milton (1 Viewer)

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I think so. Seems like frost was a large part a backlash against an outsider AD hiring an outsider HC. But maybe if the record was 7-5 people aren't sold
I’m with you. Frost would have been a hard sell if he didn’t have Milton. You’re right that 7-5 is the type of season he would have had in year two. Assuming Moos was still the hire you would have to believe it would have been the Pirate.
Yeah I think Moos would have at least had more than 1 option if Frost didn’t have such a good year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I think Moos would have at least had more than 1 option if Frost didn’t have such a good year.
Moos is the type of guy who hired the pirate, so maybe he would have went after a guy like Lane. The one name floating around Moos liked was Fuente. I don’t know if it’s true. I know it wouldn’t be hard to figure out if you got Moos drunk.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wish Tom would have hired Chris Peterson. That was the coach we really missed out on, and he wanted to come here. Instead we got Sept 3rd Pelini
Tom actually put out feelers Kelly though. Honestly I like Kelly better myself and he is more of a midwest guy who is a better fit. Peterson was always a west coast guy. There is nothing wrong with Peterson either.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tom actually put out feelers Kelly though. Honestly I like Kelly better myself and he is more of a midwest guy who is a better fit. Peterson was always a west coast guy. There is nothing wrong with Peterson either.
Kelly wins on the field but IMHO his personality is quite similar to Callahan's. And we know how well Callahan meshed with the traditional Husker Fans. Can't doubt the success of either coach on the field. I felt Peterson's more low key personality would have been a better fit, kinda reminds one of T.O at times. Plus with his son's health issues the Med Center was a great fit for his needs.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Kelly wins on the field but IMHO his personality is quite similar to Callahan's. And we know how well Callahan meshed with the traditional Husker Fans. Can't doubt the success of either coach on the field. I felt Peterson's more low key personality would have been a better fit, kinda reminds one of T.O at times. Plus with his son's health issues the Med Center was a great fit for his needs.
I think Kelly was more like Bo myself being a hothead. He has calmed down some though. He talked about how he was going crazy too much and has made an effort to be better about it.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

it certainly looked like Tom considered only Turner Gill and Bo Pelini, which is just a terribly shallow talent pool….

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds