Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mickey Tuesday 11/8 Presser (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Steve Marik • InsideNebraska
Staff Writer
@Steve_Marik

Let's face it — the likelihood of Nebraska qualifying for a bowl game now is slim. No one is really expecting it to, though.
The Huskers, sitting at 3-6 overall and 2-4 in the Big Ten, would need to win out in their next three games against No. 3 Michigan, Wisconsin and Cockeye, a trifecta that's won the last 17 combined games against Nebraska.
The Huskers and Wolverines are scheduled for a 2:30 p.m. kickoff in Ann Arbor this Saturday.
Nebraska interim head coach Mickey Joseph met with the media on Tuesday to discuss his team and the upcoming game. Here are the quick hits:
>> Joseph said the team held starting quarterback Casey Thompson out of Tuesday's practice as the Texas transfer continues to rehab from his throwing-arm injury he sustained against Illinois.
>> Joseph said he hasn't decided which quarterback — backups Chubba Purdy and Logan Smothers — will start if Thompson can't play this weekend.
"I'm going to watch a decision, probably Thursday, after I watch them both practice," Joseph said.
>> Joseph said he's probably going to rule Thompson out of the Michigan game if Thompson doesn't practice on Wednesday. The coach said Thompson is still having trouble gripping the ball.
>> Joseph said the Husker run game needs to be more consistent. Nebraska rushed for 110 yards in the first half, but just 36 in the second.
"We have to trust and be happy with three- and four-yard runs," Joseph said.
>> Nebraska will be without starting safety Myles Farmer at Michigan, as the fourth-year player from Atlanta was arrested and charged with driving under the influence by Lincoln police last Saturday night. Farmer is the second-leading tackler on the team with 62 stops and is coming off a game against Minnesota where he recorded 14 tackles.
Farmer's loss is a brutal blow to the Husker secondary. In his place, expect walk-on Phalen Sanford or junior-college product DeShon Singleton to play more reps than usual. Sanford has nine tackles on the season while Singleton has just one in limited action.
>> Joseph said Dr. Lawrence Chatters, Nebraska's Executive Associate Athletic Director for Strategic Initiatives, joined the team recently to talk about voting. When asked what the message was to the players, Joseph responded, "Get out and vote."
>> Gabe Ervin Jr. was back at practice on Tuesday. The running back was dealing with a turf toe injury, which is tricky to come back from, the coach said.

Marques Buford Jr.​

>> Buford said he hears the hype about Michigan running back Blake Corum, who is currently seventh in the nation in average rushing yards per game with 131.89. But Buford said he's not worried about one player, he's worried about just doing his job and winning the football game.
>> What's this season been like for Buford, with coaching changes and more losses?
"We haven't quit. nobody's given up," he said.
>> What has Buford seen from Singleton?
"He's been nose-deep in everything we've been going. DeShon's a great player," Buford said.

betsch

Safety
He can’t decide on Purdy or Smothers?
Wtf games and film does he watch?

And people are still clamoring for MJ?
SMDH
Yeah, so much for telling it as it is like some people liked early on. Actually, I did like that, but inevitably the coach speak always comes around. I suppose you could argue he doesn't want to tip his hand to Michigan, but come on.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
If you saw practices, you'd know why the indecision.
sick team america GIF

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Yeah, so much for telling it as it is like some people liked early on. Actually, I did like that, but inevitably the coach speak always comes around. I suppose you could argue he doesn't want to tip his hand to MeatChicken, but come on.
I considered your last sentence too, and thought what difference could it possibly make at this point. But could see why a HC would do it anyway.

Just have a gut feeling we’re gonna lose Saturday regardless

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yeah, so much for telling it as it is like some people liked early on. Actually, I did like that, but inevitably the coach speak always comes around. I suppose you could argue he doesn't want to tip his hand to MeatChicken, but come on.
He owes the media and fans nothing.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Are the other 3 QBs truly that far behind? I get one is a 5yr walk on and the other two are young but what’s your true assessment? Can they all really be that horrible?

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Steve Marik • InsideNebraska
Staff Writer
@Steve_Marik

Let's face it — the likelihood of Nebraska qualifying for a bowl game now is slim. No one is really expecting it to, though.
The Huskers, sitting at 3-6 overall and 2-4 in the Big Ten, would need to win out in their next three games against No. 3 MeatChicken, Wisconsin and Cockeye, a trifecta that's won the last 17 combined games against Nebraska.
The Huskers and OSU Bitches are scheduled for a 2:30 p.m. kickoff in Ann Arbor this Saturday.
Nebraska interim head coach Mickey Joseph met with the media on Tuesday to discuss his team and the upcoming game. Here are the quick hits:
>> Joseph said the team held starting quarterback Casey Thompson out of Tuesday's practice as the Texas transfer continues to rehab from his throwing-arm injury he sustained against Illinois.
>> Joseph said he hasn't decided which quarterback — backups Chubba Purdy and Logan Smothers — will start if Thompson can't play this weekend.
"I'm going to watch a decision, probably Thursday, after I watch them both practice," Joseph said.
>> Joseph said he's probably going to rule Thompson out of the MeatChicken game if Thompson doesn't practice on Wednesday. The coach said Thompson is still having trouble gripping the ball.
>> Joseph said the Husker run game needs to be more consistent. Nebraska rushed for 110 yards in the first half, but just 36 in the second.
"We have to trust and be happy with three- and four-yard runs," Joseph said.
>> Nebraska will be without starting safety Myles Farmer at MeatChicken, as the fourth-year player from Atlanta was arrested and charged with driving under the influence by Lincoln police last Saturday night. Farmer is the second-leading tackler on the team with 62 stops and is coming off a game against Minnesota where he recorded 14 tackles.
Farmer's loss is a brutal blow to the Husker secondary. In his place, expect walk-on Phalen Sanford or junior-college product DeShon Singleton to play more reps than usual. Sanford has nine tackles on the season while Singleton has just one in limited action.
>> Joseph said Dr. Lawrence Chatters, Nebraska's Executive Associate Athletic Director for Strategic Initiatives, joined the team recently to talk about voting. When asked what the message was to the players, Joseph responded, "Get out and vote."
>> Gabe Ervin Jr. was back at practice on Tuesday. The running back was dealing with a turf toe injury, which is tricky to come back from, the coach said.

Marques Buford Jr.​

>> Buford said he hears the hype about MeatChicken running back Blake Corum, who is currently seventh in the nation in average rushing yards per game with 131.89. But Buford said he's not worried about one player, he's worried about just doing his job and winning the football game.
>> What's this season been like for Buford, with coaching changes and more losses?
"We haven't quit. nobody's given up," he said.
>> What has Buford seen from Singleton?
"He's been nose-deep in everything we've been going. DeShon's a great player," Buford said.

When you have to tell people to vote, I absolutely do not want them voting at all

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Smothers that bad in practice or is Purdy better when the lights aren't on?

I have been told Purdy is pretty dynamic at times, but that was in fall camp.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Anybody think Meatchickin cares about who plays QB for us? They may beat us 56-7 and this is being generous, if Harbaugh pulls off the dogs by halftime and lets all the backups play.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When you have to tell people to vote, I absolutely do not want them voting at all
One of my coworkers said "I don't like Biden, but I don't like Trump either. I just don't know who I am going to vote for, but I know I need to do it" Apparently she thought there was some sort of confirmation vote midterm???

I said - "Maybe you need to sit this one out"

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Smothers that bad in practice or is Purdy better when the lights aren't on?

I have been told Purdy is pretty dynamic at times, but that was in fall camp.

Mixed.

Purdy looks a lot better in reads, throwing, and running the offense compared to in games.

Smothers doesn't look as good in practice compared to games and really seems limited on the passing concepts they can call with him in there.

Purdy goes into a shell of himself with game speed and knowing he's going to get hit unlike in practice he can just stand there and make the throw.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds