Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mickey Joseph (1 Viewer)

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I would be surprised if it's Korn because I think we're going to be going more in the direction of experience (both coaching+recruiting), but disagree with the framing here. If you go after Korn at OC it's because 1. dude has other suitors given his success and that's the way you get him and 2. you're getting the expertise/system knowledge in the CCU offense. It's like an IP/asset purchase. If that's the hire, it says way more about Frost's perceived value of the CCU system than anything else.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Hal Mumme called plays. Stoops hired Leach to run the air raid b/c of belief in that system. Same concept (if it happens).

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Not Mickey Joseph related, but now I just heard that they are looking at bringing Brent Davis in and Willie Korn as Co-OC's. Davis would also be working with the OL and Korn with the QB's.
I think* Brent Davis wants to kick the stigma of just being a flex bone guy. Part of the reason he brought on Matt Drinkall at Army @slattimer

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Not Mickey Joseph related, but now I just heard that they are looking at bringing Brent Davis in and Willie Korn as Co-OC's. Davis would also be working with the OL and Korn with the QB's.
If we are doing the Brent Davis OL/OC thing then Frost should just coach the QBs. That would open up a spot for Busch at ST.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Holy shit there was a newbie over on RSS that started a thread saying the exact same thing. That's wild. Didn't take it serious cause their thing said newbie but wow. Have also gotten in trouble for copying and pasting things from there to here so wasn't going to do that.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think Sam said something on his podcast about a guy like Davis coming here to be OL/OC.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I don’t understand why we would have to wait on an assistant coach to finish coaching if that was supposedly the hire. LSU and USC took two coaches with teams that may be going to the playoff or at least to major bowl games, but we supposedly have to wait for an OC (if it is Davis) to finish coaching for a team that 8-3 and doesn’t even play until next weekend? That doesn’t make any sense.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don’t understand why we would have to wait on an assistant coach to finish coaching if that was supposedly the hire. LSU and USC took two coaches with teams that may be going to the playoff or at least to major bowl games, but we supposedly have to wait for an OC (if it is Davis) to finish coaching for a team that 8-3 and doesn’t even play until next weekend? That doesn’t make any sense.
My guess is because it affects their take home. Different situation if you're terminated v. willingly moving along.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Holy shit there was a newbie over on RSS that started a thread saying the exact same thing. That's wild. Didn't take it serious cause their thing said newbie but wow. Have also gotten in trouble for copying and pasting things from there to here so wasn't going to do that.

He then said Frost will wait till they’re done coaching to announce. Army plays their last game on 12/11. No way you wait.

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
It also tells me that Frost has zero concept of time.
Essentially a slap in the face to the fan base. He doesn’t see anything wrong with his offense. Probably thinks it’s all special teams, so he’ll just give the perception that he’s changed course offensively.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He then said Frost will wait till they’re done coaching to announce. Army plays their last game on 12/11. No way you wait.
You absolutely shouldn't wait. But, given the fact that maybe Frost can be sometimes too respectful in certain situations, I could totally see that happening and him be oblivious to people melting down over it.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Brink Drink with him.
jon stewart wish GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds