Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Michigan Report: Howard KO’d for Rest of Season (1 Viewer)

Juwan Howard’s outburst at the end of the Wisconsin game, which became physical, caused quite the reaction from Michigan’s faithful. Here is the fanbase’s reaction:

• Juwan Suspended for Rest of Regular Season
  • So that amounts to 5 games, which I think is what most of us expected.
  • Allowing him back for the Big Ten Tournament is, uh, potentially problematic. Should be interesting.
  • I expected a postseason ban as well given this isn't the first time, the lack of remorse at the presser.
  • We as Michigan has to make sure this doesn't happen again, and I don't think 5 games or two weeks or whatever will convince anyone that.
  • I would have terminated him for cause. The prior episode with Maryland last year would have been his last chance in my book.
  • Has he came out and taken responsibility??
  • Gard and his assistants better get some penalty too, fuck that guy and his dirty playing players.
  • It might not be popular but I am going to say it. 5 games is a joke and if this had been the opposite or if it had been an Ohio State coach the same people defending this pathetic suspension would have been up in arms.
  • Seems reasonable to me.
  • This is fair and reasonable IMO.
  • It’s fair and Juwan should be pleased that he’s still employed. This is clearly strike two for him.
  • I'm looking forward to facing Wisconsin in the B1G tournament.
  • It's actually more than I thought UofM would do.
  • "Rest of Regular Season" sounds a lot worse than "Five Games". Five games is fair for what he did.
  • Rick Pitino received 5 games for a prostitution scandal involving recruits and people are saying Howard should be fired for grasping the head of an opposing coach after he was grabbed by their head coach. C’mon people!
  • Cool, now how much time does Gard and Wisconsin assistants get?
  • Some of y’all are too damn soft, don’t grab a man, also not knowing anything that was said. Fuck Wisconsin, I’m glad someone finally stood up to their Busch league shit
  • Fuck Wisconsin and their coaches. The dirty play comes from the top.
  • It should have been for the rest of the entire season, including any and all tournaments. Give him a chance to pause, reflect, and come back with a clear head and a renewed purpose next year.
  • Who gave out this punishment, the Big Ten or the Univ. of Michigan?
  • 40k fine for Juwan. Gard fined 10k. Neal gets one game, Williams and Diabate 1 game each. Nothing for Krabbenhoft or Chambliss, which is shameful.
  • Pretty egregious both from the conference and from Wisconsin.
  • I can not believe the Wisconsin assistant didn’t get at least one game.
  • Juwan also got the highest fine in B1G history at 40K.
  • Now how about that Wisconsin coach that put his hands on a player? We just gonna let that go?!
  • Krabbenhoft got nothing!?
  • Absolute disgrace.
  • None of this would’ve happened if the coaches were wearing suits like they used to. A lot more tempting to throw bows in ath leisure.
  • This was all about putting Juwan Howard in his place and teach him a lesson.
  • Seems reasonable. The rest of you calling for more are out of your minds.
  • Nothing for Krabbenhoft or Chambliss is a farce.
  • No suspension or punishment for that Borfendorfer guy from Wisconsin? or the assistant dude that tackled TWill?
  • That’s some bullshit.
  • Krabbenhoft getting nothing for putting his hands on T-Will is absolute shit.
  • If Ryan Day did that to Harbaugh, every person here would be losing their minds saying he needs to be fired.
  • Juwan is a total embarrassment.
  • There was no "punch". So let's stop that part. Does Gard get fired for grabbing Juwan in the first place or no? Is Gard an embarrassment?
  • Wisconsin is bullshit, thug crap from that fucking Davidson, and Gard touched Juwan first, but you still can't do that. Come on, man.
  • Suspended? He will either step down or be fired. Unfortunately I see no way that he can remain associated with the University of Michigan.
  • Gard started the whole thing by putting hands on Juwan in the handshake line. He grabbed his arm and wouldn't let him pass. None of this happens without Gard's pussy move.
  • 90% of the escalation goes to the 2 Wisconsin coaches.
  • What the fuck is the matter with you people that say Juwan should get a suspension?!?!?! He hit an opposing coach and instigated a brawl! He should be fired immediately. This is embarassing for the university. Unacceptable!
  • He'll get suspended but definitely not fired, mainly because, right or wrong, Michigan won't want to deal with the PR headache of firing a mostly successful minority head coach in this day and age. Doesn't matter if the firing would be deserved, just imagine the backlash it would get.
  • Fuck Greg Gard and piece of shit assistant coach chirping his ass off. Gard had no right to block Juwan’s path.
  • Pure instigation!

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
None of this would’ve happened if the coaches were wearing suits like they used to. A lot more tempting to throw bows in ath leisure.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can someone please post dipshit faggit moron Desmond’s thoughts? He bant me.

Edit - found it. Very intelligent take as expected.
“I saw Juwan walking away and Wisconsin coach put his hands on him to stop. First mistake. Then an ass’t coach inserted himself and said something that only escalated things. Let bosses be bosses and play your position. Second mistake,” Desmond wrote.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seems so light in this day and age where people are being fired for saying something that isn't PC. Hitting someone is an Assault. Grabbing someone isn't. I think Howard should have been suspended for the rest of the season at the minimum and Gard should have been given a 5 game suspension. Never an excuse to raise a hand to a person unless you are feeling your physical well being is being threatened.

doublewing

Running Back
Wiscy guy had it coming, but Juwan still should've controlled himself better. Desmond is idiot.
Definitely no excuses for Howard and rest of season suspension is warranted.

However, Wisconsin is just being Wisconsin here. They are the Cockeye of B10 teams north of Cockeye. Their response to this makes me want them to get a real punch in the face.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Seems so light in this day and age where people are being fired for saying something that isn't PC. Hitting someone is an Assault. Grabbing someone isn't. I think Howard should have been suspended for the rest of the season at the minimum and Gard should have been given a 5 game suspension. Never an excuse to raise a hand to a person unless you are feeling your physical well being is being threatened.
Got to say, I disagree. And this isn't me trying to be Johnny-badass...but sometimes it's important to let someone know that they have gone too far.

For example, I had a friend that cheated on his wife - damn near broke her. But he begged for her forgiveness, said he had changed and that he would never do it again. They got back together and he cheated again. I told him that if I ever see him again - in public or elsewhere - he better be ready, because I'm taking a swing. Haven't seen him or talk to him since.

I'm not saying that Howard's actions were warranted, but sometimes there is a time to let someone know that enough is enough. JMO.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

“I saw Juwan walking away and Wisconsin coach put his hands on him to stop. First mistake. Then an ass’t coach inserted himself and said something that only escalated things. Let bosses be bosses and play your position. Second mistake,” Desmond wrote.
No surprise there.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Definitely no excuses for Howard and rest of season suspension is warranted.

However, Wisconsin is just being Wisconsin here. They are the Cockeyes of B10 teams north of Cockeyes. Their response to this makes me want them to get a real punch in the face.

I have no issue with this statement at all. Wisconsin got a big "F.U." from Warren and the Michigan AD.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

It's amazing to how people can only view things through one lens. It's like Democrats and Republicans.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I am enjoying Michigan men (douchebags) who thought Pelini's sideline behavior was "literally Hitler" who are now defending their 6'7 coach committing battery on a 5'8 220 lbs. doofus cuz his feelings got hurt.

If I was still on the MB I'd be trolling so hard right meow

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Got to say, I disagree. And this isn't me trying to be Johnny-badass...but sometimes it's important to let someone know that they have gone too far.

For example, I had a friend that cheated on his wife - damn near broke her. But he begged for her forgiveness, said he had changed and that he would never do it again. They got back together and he cheated again. I told him that if I ever see him again - in public or elsewhere - he better be ready, because I'm taking a swing. Haven't seen him or talk to him since.

I'm not saying that Howard's actions were warranted, but sometimes there is a time to let someone know that enough is enough. JMO.
I'm sorry you don't see the difference between defending a woman and a words at a Basketball Game. Violence is rarely the answer but if youw ere using it to protect someone then that I do justify but Juwan Howard was in no danger of any physical harm. Bitch ass move by Howard to throw a Sucker Punch in a crowd at a smaller man. Juwan is supposed to be a role model for his players, nice message sent coach. Somebody pisses you off in a Hand Shake Line so you punch them.

This is the 3rd time he has been confrontational with another coach, and every time it is a much smaller coach. Had to be restrained from going after Maryland Coach Mark Turgeon and also almost got confrontational with OSU Coach Chris Holtman. He shouldn't be allowed to be in a position where he molds young student athletes. Setting a very bad example.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Don’t want to point out the obvious here but here goes:
you’re a super badass and you haven’t seen him again bc he is deathly afraid of you!

His wife took him back once so Howard should remain coach…

Was this an accurate assessment?

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I'm sorry you don't see the difference between defending a woman and a words at a Basketball Game. Violence is rarely the answer but if youw ere using it to protect someone then that I do justify but Juwan Howard was in no danger of any physical harm. Bitch ass move by Howard to throw a Sucker Punch in a crowd at a smaller man. Juwan is supposed to be a role model for his players, nice message sent coach. Somebody pisses you off in a Hand Shake Line so you punch them.

This is the 3rd time he has been confrontational with another coach, and every time it is a much smaller coach. Had to be restrained from going after Maryland Coach Mark Turgeon and also almost got confrontational with OSU Coach Chris Holtman. He shouldn't be allowed to be in a position where he molds young student athletes. Setting a very bad example.
I'm sorry reading comprehension is tough for you. I bolded your statement that said it is "never an excuse to raise a hand to a person unless you are feeling your physical well being is being threatened. That was my reference. I said that Howard was not in the right. But I wanted to be clear that there is a time for aggression. We live in a culture that shames masculinity and it's a problem.

Again, I am not relating this to what Howard did - he went too far and was wrong. I am simply addressing your statement.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

I'm sorry reading comprehension is tough for you. I bolded your statement that said it is "never an excuse to raise a hand to a person unless you are feeling your physical well being is being threatened. That was my reference. I said that Howard was not in the right. But I wanted to be clear that there is a time for aggression. We live in a culture that shames masculinity and it's a problem.

Again, I am not relating this to what Howard did - he went too far and was wrong. I am simply addressing your statement.
🤜🏼 🤜🏼 👊🏼👊🏼 ass beatin time fellas let’s get along!!! BBBEELLLLCCHH

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds