Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Michigan Center Hunter Dickinson to Kansas. I'm giving the Boom Boom Room all the credit (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
NIL $$$$$ and the Boom Boom Room closing the deal for KU. Glad he is out of the B1G.

https://www.Tater Island.com/sites/...what-is-the-mysterious-boom-boom-room-kansas/

What is the Mysterious ‘Boom Boom Room' at Kansas?​

Jacob Polacheck•about 17 hours
what-is-the-mysterious-boom-boom-room-kansas
Photo via Jacob Polacheck
[Ed. Note: This article is from KSR+, KSR’s premium sister site. We’ve unlocked it to give you an idea of the content on KSR+. For more bonus coverage of the Cats and access to KSBoard, our message board, take advantage of our launch special: only $10 until football season.]
Hunter Dickinson’s Barstool Roundball Podcast with Marty Mush and Jordan Bohanan made waves on Wednesday, but perhaps, with no college decision made, it left fans with more questions than answers.
Where’s Hunter going?”
“When is he going to commit?”
And most notably.
“What in the world is the Boom Boom Room?”
KSR’s own Drew Franklin addressed that final question on Wednesday’s edition of KSR.
“We also learned yesterday on the podcast that he went to something called the Boom Boom Room,” Franklin said. “It’s some underground thing in Kansas. I don’t know what goes on at the Boom Boom Room, but that’s what we’re up against.”
While recapping his visit to Kansas, Dickinson mentioned this mysterious room in a college bar in Lawrence.
“I got so many DMs about that place, about the Boom Boom Room and it was honestly hilarious,” Dickinson said.

An Alum’s Explanation of the Boom Boom Room​

As a Kansas alum myself, I thought I could shed some light on the mystery that is “The Boom Boom Room.”
For starters, the Boom Boom Room is the lowest level of The Jayhawk Cafe, also known as “The Hawk,” one of the most popular bars in Lawrence.
“All I heard about was this Boom Boom Room,” he said. “It was kind of like on this random street. I guess they call it the triangle.”
For reference, the Hawk is on Ohio Street, in between two other bars, The Wagon Wheel and Bullwinkles. The grouping of three bars is often called “The Triangle” among KU students.
“You’ve got to go in and configure your way around this bar. You go down and it’s like the grimiest, the sweatiest. It’s like a frat house room in a bar. Once I walked in there and saw it, I was like, this is definitely its name.”
The Hawk is basically a giant maze, requiring patrons to weave their way from room to room, with the Boom Boom Room as a final destination of sorts.
For Dickinson, just a few minutes in the Boom was enough.
“I just had to go in there real quick to see it and I’m good,” he said. “It was an experience.”
I asked a couple of my former classmates at Kansas for their best description of the infamous room.
“It’s an indescribable atmosphere. You honestly lose a part of yourself each time you enter through that door,” one person said. “Your senses become dulled, your attention fuzzy, and you completely lose track of time. You aren’t a true Jayhawk until you’ve been to the Boom Boom Room.”
“The Boom is a wild place,” said a second person. “Every visit, you’ll hear the song ‘Mr. Brightside.’ That song seems to always bring everyone together to diss on Kansas State.”
“The Boom is like a wild time machine,” said another person. “No windows. Just lights, lasers, music, and an absolute loss of time awareness. You can be in there for what feels like five minutes, but they’ve already played ‘Mr. Brightside’ four times and you’ve danced with half of the people on campus.”
Kentucky has a lot of things going for it in its pitch to star transfer Hunter Dickinson, but one thing it doesn’t have is a “Boom Boom Room.” Will that have an impact? Only time will tell.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Kind of seems like a secret Brass Rail
Nothing secret about it. The Hawk is the biggest bar on Campus at KU. It is 2 stories plus an outside area they call the Beer Garden. On the main level is the main bar and Pine Room. Down on the lower level is the Martini Room and the Boom Boom Room. Basically Boom Boom Room is just the dance room with a DJ. Drunk college kids bumping & grinding on the dance floor. The Halloween Video of the 2 people hooking up got it some Street Cred causing it to be a bit of an Urban Legend. Gonna be fun playing up the Dickinson Committing to KU because of the Boom Boom Room visit. Already bouncing around ideas on how to marker that, or at least have fun with it.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Boom Boom Room legend went viral after a video of 2 people hooking up spread like wild fire over the net.

My best friend played baseball at Pickle Smoochers. Me and a couple of our friends went to a frat party in downtown Omaha in a neighborhood, I think off Jackson? Big white house, I'll never forget it, huge. Shit load of people in the main room. Basement.....creepy, looking back. Barely any moving room, multiple bed rooms on both sides of the long hallway. Kinda would remind someone of a sex trafficking ring in the Taken movies. Another dance floor at the end of the basement hallway. Kinda feels the same

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope all of Jayhawk curious/Jayhawksers get uncontrollable diarrhea this weekend

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds