Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don't believe so and Damon Benning has been saying that Nebraska is dropping the ball with this one because he thinks he is a stud. Not sure what position he projects to in college.
good-great.gif

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

We won't get an OV​

Simmons Scoop: Two schools at the top for 5-star DL Williams Nwaneri​

Chad Simmons•about 2 hours
Article written by:Chad Simmons
_
Earlier this week, Williams Nwaneri named his top 10 schools. The 6-foot-6, 250-pound five-star out of Lee’s Summit (Mo.) North is down to Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon and Tennessee.
Nwaneri has double-digit schools on his list, but the list of contenders looks to be much smaller. At this stage, two schools have separated themselves. A decision before his senior season is likely, so the elite defensive lineman in the midwest is quietly moving toward making his choice.

Brent Venables, Todd Bates and Miguel Chavis have done an outstanding job recruiting Nwaneri. He has visited Norman around half a dozen times, he feels comfortable around the people there and the Sooners have been considered the favorite much of his recruitment.

The team surging is Tennessee. After the last visit to Knoxville in April, the Vols made a significant move. The SEC program was in this race before that visit, but coming off that trip, Tennessee became a true contender. Josh Heupel, Rodney Garner, Mike Eckler and others are involved in Nwaneri’s recruitment.

One source close to this told me right after that visit, “Tennessee is now the team to beat. Williams loves it there.”

It will take a lot for other teams to catch up​

There is a real battle at the top for Nwaneri. It is Oklahoma and Tennessee, then everyone else at this stage. He visited Colorado for the spring game, and he may take an official visit to Boulder. He set up an official visit to Georgia after his visit to Athens earlier this spring, but that visit is “50-50” right now at best. Missouri is a home-state school, so Nwaneri will visit Columbia again. Oregon is another one a source feels could be considered for an official visit.

Based on intel, it will take a lot for schools to chase down the Sooners and the Vols. Nwaneri’s head coach (Jamar Mozee) played at Oklahoma, his former teammate Cayden Green signed with the Sooners in 2023 and he has visited Norman a lot.

But his coach played at Oklahoma with Heupel, so there is a connection there. And Nwaneri fell in love with Knoxville on his last visit. The momentum has picked up there.

A list of 10 schools is out, but the list starts with Oklahoma and Tennessee. Over the last few weeks, I have heard each school is the favorite. This could come down to official visits. Expect Nwaneri on both campuses in June.

A couple of months ago, it was Oklahoma and everyone else, but Tennessee has made this race much more interesting.

According to the Tater Island Recruiting Prediction Machine, Oklahoma leads by a wide margin, but this race is much closer than that.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
I don't believe so and Damon Benning has been saying that Nebraska is dropping the ball with this one because he thinks he is a stud. Not sure what position he projects to in college.

I assume they are twins:

Teddy Rezac - 6' 3, 185 lbs (WR/OLB) - Offers from Boston College, Northern Cockeye, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, and now Notre Dame
Athony Rezac - 6' 3, 190 lbs (Pro Style QB) - Offer from Air Force

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assume they are twins:

Teddy Rezac - 6' 3, 185 lbs (WR/OLB) - Offers from Boston College, Northern Cockeye, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, and now Notre Dame
Athony Rezac - 6' 3, 190 lbs (Pro Style QB) - Offer from Air Force
Good assumption.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Three-Star LB Teddy Rezac Visiting Notre Dame Sunday and Monday​

Notre Dame extended a new scholarship offer on May 6 to Omaha (Neb.) Westside class of 2024 three-star linebacker Teddy Rezac. The 6-4, 200-pounder is a prospect the Fighting Irish staff has been closely evaluating for a while. Now it's time for him to make his way to South Bend.​

TOM LOY75 mins5

Notre Dame extended a new scholarship offer on May 6 to Omaha (Neb.) Westside class of 2024 three-star linebacker Teddy Rezac. The 6-4, 200-pounder is a prospect the Fighting Irish staff has been closely evaluating for a while. In fact, they went and saw him twice over the past two weeks out on the recruiting trail because they were strongly considering extending an offer even before finally doing so on Saturday.

Now it’s time for Rezac to visit Notre Dame. He’ll be on campus Sunday and Monday to get a complete look at the Fighting Irish, both from an athletic standpoint but also on the academic side of things.

On the moment Notre Dame offered

“My dad and bother were right around me,” he said when he got offered. “The moment just felt really special.”

On his conversations with the Fighting Irish coaching staff

“So far, I have a great impression from all three (Golden, Bullough and Bowden). I’ve called coach Golden and Bowden. Those calls went really well. Me and coach Bullough have texted a lot and had some great conversations. He tells me he knows I’ll fit in great with the linebacker room.”

On what he knows about Notre Dame and what is appealing

“I know that Notre Dame is such a storied and special program. To go along with that, the degree I would get from there would be top-notch and set me up very well.”

On head coach Marcus Freeman

“I haven’t talked with coach Freeman, but everything I’ve heard or seen about him makes him out to be an awesome coach and person. I’m really excited to meet and talk to him soon.”

On what’s next regarding visits

“Right now I’m visiting Notre Dame [Sunday and Monday] and Boston College in June for my official. Otherwise, there isn’t anything set in stone.”

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

2025 four-star LB Christian Jones intrigued by Notre Dame after picking up offer​

Kyle Kelly•05/05/23
Article written by:
On3 image
Kyle Kelly
ByKyleKelly
2025 linebacker Christian Jones. (Kyle Kelly/Blue & Gold)
Christian Jones has been on the radar of college football programs since his high school freshman season. Since then, the 6-foot-3, 215-pound linebacker has picked up 11 Power Five scholarship offers and one from Notre Dame.
The Irish offered the 2025 four-star recruit on March 17 during its Pot of Gold Day recruiting event. Notre Dame also handed out new scholarships to 64 other high school sophomore prospects on St. Patrick’s Day.
The likes of Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Southern California and Stanford have offered the Omaha (Neb.) Westside recruit. Many of those schools have caught his attention. Still, his offer from Notre Dame meant a little more.
“It was pretty cool,” Jones told Blue & Gold. “I know Notre Dame is a pretty rich tradition school. It’s a good school. It’s known for winning, having good linebackers and just good football.”
Irish defensive coordinator Al Golden had been in touch with Jones for about a month before he reported his Notre Dame offer. Golden has also proved Jones is a priority by already stopping by his high school once during the spring evaluation period.
Although they’re only at the beginning of their relationship-building process, the early returns on Golden are positive.
“I like him,” Jones said. “I call him now and then. He seems like a pretty cool dude. … He has a really good résumé. He knows what he’s doing.”
The Tater Island Industry Ranking — a proprietary algorithm that compiles ratings and rankings from all four primary recruiting media services — considers Jones the No. 149 overall player, No. 14 linebacker and No. 1 prospect in Nebraska. He has a 91.48 rating.
As a sophomore, Jones had 41 solo tackles, 19 assisted, five tackles for loss, three sacks, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and an interception.

A look at the initial competition in Jones’ recruitment​

So far, Jones has reported five unofficial college recruiting visits to Nebraska, which is about 50 miles from his high school. And one trip to Kansas State.
While it appears the Cornhuskers might have the early edge, patience is the initial theme of Jones’ recruitment.
“I’m still pretty young,” he said. “A lot can change in two years until I have the ability to (sign) somewhere. I’m just going through the motions and enjoying the process.”
But that doesn’t mean Jones doesn’t know what he might be looking for when it comes time to lock in a commitment.
“A good brotherhood, the coaches are going to be there when I’m there and whoever is going to make me a better man or better player,” he said.
Notre Dame is certainly a candidate for his eventual pledge. Jones considered visiting for the Blue-Gold Game on April 22, but a school conflict required him to remain closer to home. Still, he’s looking forward to getting to South Bend soon to learn about the Irish.
“I’d love to get up there for a game,” he said. “They’re up there in my recruitment.”

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

2025 four-star LB Christian Jones intrigued by Notre Dame after picking up offer​

Kyle Kelly•05/05/23
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Kyle Kelly
ByKyleKelly
2025 linebacker Christian Jones. (Kyle Kelly/Blue & Gold)
Christian Jones has been on the radar of college football programs since his high school freshman season. Since then, the 6-foot-3, 215-pound linebacker has picked up 11 Power Five scholarship offers and one from Notre Dame.
The Irish offered the 2025 four-star recruit on March 17 during its Pot of Gold Day recruiting event. Notre Dame also handed out new scholarships to 64 other high school sophomore prospects on St. Patrick’s Day.
The likes of Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Southern California and Stanford have offered the Omaha (Neb.) Westside recruit. Many of those schools have caught his attention. Still, his offer from Notre Dame meant a little more.
“It was pretty cool,” Jones told Blue & Gold. “I know Notre Dame is a pretty rich tradition school. It’s a good school. It’s known for winning, having good linebackers and just good football.”
Irish defensive coordinator Al Golden had been in touch with Jones for about a month before he reported his Notre Dame offer. Golden has also proved Jones is a priority by already stopping by his high school once during the spring evaluation period.
Although they’re only at the beginning of their relationship-building process, the early returns on Golden are positive.
“I like him,” Jones said. “I call him now and then. He seems like a pretty cool dude. … He has a really good résumé. He knows what he’s doing.”
The Tater Island Industry Ranking — a proprietary algorithm that compiles ratings and rankings from all four primary recruiting media services — considers Jones the No. 149 overall player, No. 14 linebacker and No. 1 prospect in Nebraska. He has a 91.48 rating.
As a sophomore, Jones had 41 solo tackles, 19 assisted, five tackles for loss, three sacks, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and an interception.

A look at the initial competition in Jones’ recruitment​

So far, Jones has reported five unofficial college recruiting visits to Nebraska, which is about 50 miles from his high school. And one trip to Kansas State.
While it appears the Cornhuskers might have the early edge, patience is the initial theme of Jones’ recruitment.
“I’m still pretty young,” he said. “A lot can change in two years until I have the ability to (sign) somewhere. I’m just going through the motions and enjoying the process.”
But that doesn’t mean Jones doesn’t know what he might be looking for when it comes time to lock in a commitment.
“A good brotherhood, the coaches are going to be there when I’m there and whoever is going to make me a better man or better player,” he said.
Notre Dame is certainly a candidate for his eventual pledge. Jones considered visiting for the Blue-Gold Game on April 22, but a school conflict required him to remain closer to home. Still, he’s looking forward to getting to South Bend soon to learn about the Irish.
“I’d love to get up there for a game,” he said. “They’re up there in my recruitment.”
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it just another oddly good high school Nebraska class this year? Seems like a lot of offers on kids from the state.
I think in general the states talent is just on the upswing again. Maybe not quite to the level we saw in the 80s and 90s, but much better than the lull we seemed to have in the 00s and early 10s. The state in general has been pretty good about keeping up with the rest of the world in terms of training facilities and off-season programs for the kids.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds