Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Manske Visit (2 Viewers)

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
16565552.gif

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure we should be targeting a QB from Cockeye who is Cockeye's #1 target. That sounds like an offensive recipe for 19 points per game.
He's Cockeye's number one target? They offered three guys in May, and offered him in mid-June only after we did.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not sure we should be targeting a QB from Cockeye who is Cockeye's #1 target. That sounds like an offensive recipe for 19 points per game.
Good point that I wasn't thinking about. That does lead to the question of talent vs scheme/development at Cockeye being the cause. Watching his highlights he appears to have a big arm but footwork isn't great.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Good point that I wasn't thinking about. That does lead to the question of talent vs scheme/development at Cockeye being the cause. Watching his highlights he appears to have a big arm but footwork isn't great.
I think Cockeye's skill position talent has fallen off hard these past few years. they had a run with several quality RBs in a row and recently the WR talent has been poor with depth being even worse

It's possible their evaluation and development suddenly went to shit, or maybe the racial issues from a few years back have impacted their recruiting

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Plenty of time to work on footwork - that was sophomore film, right? Looking for potential to project to being a P5 QB down the road, not a finished product

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Plenty of time to work on footwork - that was sophomore film, right? Looking for potential to project to being a P5 QB down the road, not a finished product
Agreed. If anything I think it is encouraging that he has that much zip and escapability as a sophomore. QB is so damn important though and I don't think previous staffs did enough to secure the right QB. I hope Rhule is more successful.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I think Cockeye's skill position talent has fallen off hard these past few years. they had a run with several quality RBs in a row and recently the WR talent has been poor with depth being even worse

It's possible their evaluation and development suddenly went to shit, or maybe the racial issues from a few years back have impacted their recruiting

I can add some insight -

QB has never been better oddly enough. They recruit pretty well there in spite of themselves. Petras was really talented coming out and they'd turned down Zach Wilson (lol) in order to land him. Labas has a solid arm, he's just underdeveloped. Marco Lainez (88***) and Pesar (90****) will both come in behind him. Idk why they even need Manske. Room should be full of good arms after the '24 class signs.

RB is fine - Kaleb Johnson is going to take up the mantle of a long line of solid backs there. Good for 1k yards

WR is absolute dogshit this year. Might be the worst WR room in the nation among P5s, definitely B1G.

OL is probably the biggest departure from the past, mostly due to staff turnover after the '19 season. Doyle was a scumbag but he was definitely among the top guys nationally in keeping an S&C program humming. Polasek left for Wyoming about the same time to take a promotion to OC - one of the best OL coaches in the business.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I can add some insight -

QB has never been better oddly enough. They recruit pretty well there in spite of themselves. Petras was really talented coming out and they'd turned down Zach Wilson (lol) in order to land him. Labas has a solid arm, he's just underdeveloped. Marco Lainez (88***) and Pesar (90****) will both come in behind him. Idk why they even need Manske. Room should be full of good arms after the '24 class signs.

RB is fine - Kaleb Johnson is going to take up the mantle of a long line of solid backs there. Good for 1k yards

WR is absolute dogshit this year. Might be the worst WR room in the nation among P5s, definitely B1G.

OL is probably the biggest departure from the past, mostly due to staff turnover after the '19 season. Doyle was a scumbag but he was definitely among the top guys nationally in keeping an S&C program humming. Polasek left for Wyoming about the same time to take a promotion to OC - one of the best OL coaches in the business.
Idk if I’d say it’s never been better. Rivals had Petras as a 4 star, Padilla was a 3, & Stanley a 3 who also had an nfl arm. Stanley was the best & he still wasn’t good. Two unknown guys is hard to bank on without stepping onto a field & Nebraska fans jerked off Frost/Verduzco after Martinez’s freshman year & we know how that panned out.

Who knows what Rhule’s QB recruiting will bring but I’m not gonna bet on Prince Brian’s scouting & development with QBs rn

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Idk if I’d say it’s never been better. Rivals had Petras as a 4 star, Padilla was a 3, & Stanley a 3 who also had an nfl arm. Stanley was the best & he still wasn’t good. Two unknown guys is hard to bank on without stepping onto a field & Nebraska fans jerked off Frost/Verduzco after Martinez’s freshman year & we know how that panned out.

Who knows what Rhule’s QB recruiting will bring but I’m not gonna bet on Prince Brian’s scouting & development with QBs rn

Yeah I'm more speculative than I came off in my previous comment. Based purely on recruiting rankings the QB room has never been better but I agree with your larger point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds