Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Major Winter Storm Headed Our Way (1 Viewer)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
I bought a nice electric snowblower last winter and have yet to use it.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Since buying the snowblower I haven't even had to shovel because we haven't even had a big snow storm yet.
I moved to Maine in 2017 and told my wife under no circumstances would I ever move there without a snowblower. Thankfully she relented and I got this one:

Ariens ST28DLE Deluxe SHO 28 in. Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower https://a.co/d/fzTRFVJ

I used to about once a week during the long winters. Now that I live in Washington DC I have only used it once, about a year ago when we got 12” of heavy, wet snow. I got to be the hero of my street and got a few bottles of whiskey out of it too.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I moved to Maine in 2017 and told my wife under no circumstances would I ever move there without a snowblower. Thankfully she relented and I got this one:

Ariens ST28DLE Deluxe SHO 28 in. Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower https://a.co/d/fzTRFVJ

I used to about once a week during the long winters. Now that I live in Washington DC I only used it once, about a year ago when we got 12” of heavy, wet snow. I got to be the hero of my street and got a few bottles of whiskey out of it too.
I bought my snowblower off some divorced woman about 10 years ago. She ran an ad in the paper how her husband at the time cheated on her with her best friend, and it was time to move on and sell his belongings. I tried knocking her down in price but her sister wouldn’t have any of it. It was definitely a good buy.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Less and less big storms seem to be the trend the last few years.

Famous last words.
My first couple years teaching. We had multiple 10-12” snow storms. School closed for multiple days. Was fun. Because I was a part of a young staff….so what do young single teachers do when there’s no school. Drink. Copious amounts.

I don’t think I’ve seen a couple day snow event since then.

Hoping for a good amount. Need the moisture. And I love taking the kids sledding.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
@cwessel76 I have been really excited to try it out, but sadly not had an opportunity yet. I'm sure II'll be the good neighbor as well. Plus, being electric you should just use it till the battery almost dies anyway. I bought an extra one just in case.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
My first couple years teaching. We had multiple 10-12” snow storms. School closed for multiple days. Was fun. Because I was a part of a young staff….so what do young single teachers do when there’s no school. Drink. Copious amounts.

I don’t think I’ve seen a couple day snow event since then.

Hoping for a good amount. Need the moisture. And I love taking the kids sledding.

Nothing better than a good snow day.

My kids are mostly out of the house. When they did have a snow day, I was usually working regardless....but shitty weather always put everyone in a good mood in our household.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Snow Day...

OGC.52cbe381925f665c5cd1db8bd2411d6d

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds