Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

LSU OL coach "leaves the program" (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Coach O seems to be dead man walking or at least wounded pretty badly..... Crazy about how that happened post his Natty

Go Tigers

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Coach O owes Joe Brady everything
FIFY

And that's not intended to diminish the prowess displayed by Burrow - he was terrific - but in hindsight it's pretty clear the Tigers secret sauce that year was their one-n-done co-offensive coordinator. Steve Ensminger was good - not great - so he's moved on to a non-corching role (offensive analyst), and it's now the Jake Peetz show on offense. And I hope they keep Corch Eaux around for a while simply for pure entertainment value of the in-game and post-game interviews.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
Well that was quick. They've already poached Arkansas' OL coach, Brad Davis, to replace him.

Looks like Sam Pittman is just going to slide over Cody Kennedy, his TE coach, to take over OL duties and promote one of their offensive GAs to coach TEs.

Kennedy coached OL at all of his prior stops before Fayetteville, so it's not that much of a desperation slide. Though he hadn't coach at a place higher than Tulane before this. Would assume Pittman, coming from an OL background, wouldn't just overlook that position.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Coach O was a bad hire from the beginning.
He was better than the other guy they were trying to get who was Tom Herman. He got a natty any way you look at it, and if he does get fired the guy is leaving a loaded roster for the next coach. I wouldn’t call him a bad hire from the beginning.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He was better than the other guy they were trying to get who was Tom Herman. He got a natty any way you look at it, and if he does get fired the guy is leaving a loaded roster for the next coach. I wouldn’t call him a bad hire from the beginning.

I really don’t know if he did any better than what Tom Herman would have.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I really don’t know if he did any better than what Tom Herman would have.
I bet Herman’s record would have been worse, and I highly doubt Herman takes home a title. The Cookie Monster hire actually exceeded my expectations. Outside last year he has put together a pretty decent on the field product. He is 45-14 overall and 28-12 in conference wins- loss wise at LSU. That’s pretty solid. Some of the stuff off the field makes you wonder, but its the SEC. As long as you’re winning that stuff doesn’t matter.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds