Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Let’s cut the bullshit. … (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
plotting eric cartman GIF by South Park

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
I'm fully prepared for a fight then. If you don't put beans in your chili, yore a bud light drinking bitch. I'll take beans over ridiculous chunks of tomatoes any day.
Question for you.
Why don’t official chili competitions allow beans

doublewing

Running Back
I put beans in mine but don't mind it without it. It's not a deal-breaker either way for me.

What it has to have (besides the choice of meat) - tomato, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, and various hot spices. I've gradually added more types of hot pepper that there is no turning back. I'm chasing the dragon of spicy hot chili.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
Have tried this and like it...wife doesn’t. Saw a recipe that won some big Texas Chile cook off and it included peanut butter. Use very little or it will take over. Not for everybody.

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I like adding adobo, jalapeños, hatch chiles for the heat and then sweet potatoes and carrots to balance it out with some sweetness, don’t knock it until you try it.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
My hot take - chili is overrated.

It's fine, but everyone acting like thick soup is food heaven are probably just not able to prepare a top tier food very well.

betsch

Safety
I like beans as long as they don't overtake the chili and all I taste is beans. My MIL used to blend up beans and put them in. That way the people that didn't like beans didn't know they were in there, but you still got their flavor.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
I like no beans and no big chunks of tomato but would eat it if served it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds