Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Jurgens officially declares for draft (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
We are so very fucked, brothers. But y’all already knew that.
Next year is going to be a dark year for Nebraska football, which says a lot considering the last 4 under Frost.

It's like the NFL team that knows it's a lost season so they just play for the #1 pick, except we get nothing for being bad aside from the speculation of who the next coach will be.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Next year is going to be a dark year for Nebraska football, which says a lot considering the last 4 under Frost.

It's like the NFL team that knows it's a lost season so they just play for the #1 pick, except we get nothing for being bad aside from the speculation of who the next coach will be.
Nine months from the season starting, no idea who the starting QB, center, left tackle, nickel, nose guard, safeties, and at least one cornerback will be. Which, let's be honest, is completely opposite of last year at this time where we could name almost every starter outside of probably the guard positions. And Nebraska managed to only win 3 games, all be it with a hard schedule, but still...3 effin' games.

Now Nebraska has all these holes to fill. I'm sure Frost and Co. have a better idea than the general public who will play those positions. But nonetheless you can't expect this team to be good next year, it's impossible without knowing who those pieces are. So maybe they'll do the opposite of everyone's expectations and actually be a decent football team.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member

Another way to look at is that two of Scott's pets are now gone. He placed his coaching career on them and they delivered only a handful of wins. He needs to find new and better pets or he is out in 10 months. The funny thing is that them leaving (AM and CJ) probably accelerates Scott's departure.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

I'm with you. We went 3-9 last year and there's not a chance we field a better team in 2022. Lost our best player at all three levels of the D. Lost our best OL, best TE and arguably most reliable and best WR. On top of that we are looking to replace a 4yr record setting starting QB. RB is mediocre at the very best.

We better learn how to be the Michigan State portal raiders real fast.

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Still say that if it weren't for his injury history this would be a mistake. There really isn't much difference between mid 4th (where he is graded) and the last pick of the draft. Given his injury history I can't blame him for going to get paid.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Nine months from the season starting, no idea who the starting QB, center, left tackle, nickel, nose guard, safeties, and at least one cornerback will be. Which, let's be honest, is completely opposite of last year at this time where we could name almost every starter outside of probably the guard positions. And Nebraska managed to only win 3 games, all be it with a hard schedule, but still...3 effin' games.

Now Nebraska has all these holes to fill. I'm sure Frost and Co. have a better idea than the general public who will play those positions. But nonetheless you can't expect this team to be good next year, it's impossible without knowing who those pieces are. So maybe they'll do the opposite of everyone's expectations and actually be a decent football team.

We aren’t the only college football team that has people leaving. Once the dust settles, it’ll be interesting to see who lost who.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Any chance that linemen transfer that is originally from Omaha can snap the ball?

I think I’d bet on the German sliding to center.

LT - Teddy
LG - Cork
C - Nouili
RG - Benhart/Henry/Williams/Etc
RT - Okie St Transfer

We’ve got quite a bit of experience coming back. I also refuse to believe guys like Benhart and Piper are as bad as they looked. Hopefully Raiola can be a nice fresh start they need.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think I’d bet on the German sliding to center.

LT - Teddy
LG - Cork
C - Nouili
RG - Benhart/Henry/Williams/Etc
RT - Okie St Transfer

We’ve got quite a bit of experience coming back. I also refuse to believe guys like Benhart and Piper are as bad as they looked. Hopefully Raiola can be a nice fresh start they need.
that's all you can lay any hope on, really. the current guys on the roster who were highly rated at one point (Ezra Miller, Brant Banks, Henry Lutovsky, Bando, Lynn, Conn, etc.) will finally get coached and developed into the players we all expected them to be when they arrived on campus. and still prayer to god, allah, ganesh, krishna etc. that we land 3-4 ready to play p5 ol transfers.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
that's all you can lay any hope on, really. the current guys on the roster who were highly rated at one point (Ezra Miller, Brant Banks, Henry Lutovsky, Bando, Lynn, Conn, etc.) will finally get coached and developed into the players we all expected them to be when they arrived on campus. and still prayer to god, allah, ganesh, krishna etc. that we land 3-4 ready to play p5 ol transfers.

I’m honestly not certain we need more than maybe the kid from Okie St and then one more. I’d probably hold that spot for after spring semester as well. There’s gonna be another wave of kids leaving then. With what’s out there now, I’m not sure anyone would fit the bill besides the Okie st kid.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I’m honestly not certain we need more than maybe the kid from Okie St and then one more. I’d probably hold that spot for after spring semester as well. There’s gonna be another wave of kids leaving then. With what’s out there now, I’m not sure anyone would fit the bill besides the Okie st kid.
I mean I would take the Virginia Center in the portal.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
you're certainly right about another wave of transfers in and out happening after spring ball. we were more successful in the spring transfer sweepstakes earlier this year anyway.

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
your certainly right about another wave of transfers in and out happening after spring ball. we were more successful in the spring transfer sweepstakes earlier this year anyway.

The only transfer I think needs to get here immediately is the QB. I could see arguments for us wanting a safety to be here for spring as well. But the QB has to be done and enrolled in January.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The only transfer I think needs to get here immediately is the QB. I could see arguments for us wanting a safety to be here for spring as well. But the QB has to be done and enrolled in January.
do we definitively think smothers is a non-fit for what the Whip Master wants to do or do we just need to fill out the room about for competition and depth? any insight on who might come in as a transfer, realistically?

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
do we definitively think smothers is a non-fit for what the Whip Master wants to do or do we just need to fill out the room about for competition and depth? any insight on who might come in as a transfer, realistically?
Listening to Coach Beckton on Huskers Live on FB, they seem to like the HS QB coming in since he has some swagger to him. But then again, they are talking up all of these kids today to justify their job.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

So Smothers isn’t someone I would ever count out, but he’s definitely a dude that in my opinion needs another year before they throw him the keys to the car.

Myles Brennan is the guy at QB. Personally, I’d like to see us push hard for Slovis from USC and I think if we’d have hired his OC we’d already have him in the bag.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Listening to Coach Beckton on Huskers Live on FB, they seem to like the HS QB coming in since he has some swagger to him. But then again, they are talking up all of these kids today to justify their job.

Torres is an interesting prospect. My biggest frustration with QB recruiting is that we need to probably get past the idea you can only take one per year.

Torres is interesting and he’s got an arm like Haarberg, but interesting doesn’t win you games in the big ten.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds