Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Joe Burrow

Burrow had 29 career completions for 287 in two seasons at Ohio St. It's funny seeing how much people have torn into the production of every portal entry (esp. at QB) when people would've rioted had our solution at QB this season been a guy w/ Burrow's production. For the record, Chubba Purdy comes in with 32 completions for 317 yards.

Burrow had 29 career completions for 287 in two seasons at Ohio St. It's funny seeing how much people have torn into the production of every portal entry (esp. at QB) when people would've rioted had our solution at QB this season been a guy w/ Burrow's production. For the record, Chubba Purdy comes in with 32 completions for 317 yards.
He was the Ohio player of the year his senior year. please stop covering for our revolving incompetent coaches

I think it had more to do with bringing in a qb to compete with Martinez. I also see the train of thought of not taking a portal qb since Martinez was coming off a big freshman year, but if Burrow was willing to come in with no assurances of the starting job, it was a mistake by Frost.

I think it had more to do with bringing in a qb to compete with Martinez. I also see the train of thought of not taking a portal qb since Martinez was coming off a big freshman year, but if Burrow was willing to come in with no assurances of the starting job, it was a mistake by Frost.
Martinez wasn't coming off a big freshman year. Burrow's first year at LSU was 2018. Martinez's first year at Nebraska was 2018.

This question is seriously getting so old. Ohio St didn’t think he was good enough either.
????? He was the #2 behind JD Barrett until he broke his hand. Then Dwayne Haskins took over as #2 on Depth Chart until Barrett was hurt and Haskins was inserted as the starter. Haskins played well. Burrows was going to have to really shine to replace a returning Starter who had played well and is now in the NFL. Ohio St was very high on Joe and Urban Meyer did not want him to leave. He was projected to be the starter after Barrett left until his injury opened the door for Haskins to ball out.

Martinez wasn't coming off a big freshman year. Burrow's first year at LSU was 2018. Martinez's first year at Nebraska was 2018.
It gets old people making excuses for Frost and not even knowing enough about Husker football to know that Burrows and Martinez would have arrived on Campus at the same year. You can tell the fans that don't follow Husker Football when they justify it by saying "We already had a returning starter in Martinez why would we take Burrows". It gets old arguing with the Potatoes that have limited football knowledge. I have some friends who keep bringing this up when people mention Burrows got snubbed by Frost. I finally lost it on one and told him that until he pays attention to Husker Football he is no longer allowed to make comments in public. Embarrassing

It gets old people making excuses for Frost and not even knowing enough about Husker football to know that Burrows and Martinez would have arrived on Campus at the same year. You can tell the fans that don't follow Husker Football when they justify it by saying "We already had a returning starter in Martinez why would we take Burrows". It gets old arguing with the Potatoes that have limited football knowledge. I have some friends who keep bringing this up when people mention Burrows got snubbed by Frost. I finally lost it on one and told him that until he pays attention to Husker Football he is no longer allowed to make comments in public. Embarrassing
I don't think anyone needs to retcon it to pretend Frost turned down some super stud that everyone knew would be great, but it seemed like, even at the time, that they needed someone else in the QB room and basic due diligence would have told you burrow was a take. At least for me, it didn't have to be burrow, he could have taken any transfer QB who had some potential to up the competition.

I don’t know why I had it my mind he was a year after. Frost for sure fucked up I guess, but thankfully for Joe it all happened this way.

????? He was the #2 behind JD Barrett until he broke his hand. Then Dwayne Haskins took over as #2 on Depth Chart until Barrett was hurt and Haskins was inserted as the starter. Haskins played well. Burrows was going to have to really shine to replace a returning Starter who had played well and is now in the NFL. Ohio St was very high on Joe and Urban Meyer did not want him to leave. He was projected to be the starter after Barrett left until his injury opened the door for Haskins to ball out.
Hind site is 20/20 I get it. The fact is that nobody could have predicted that he would become what he has. It just gets so tiresome beating this dead horse. Nebraska missed out along with a lot of other teams.

Hind site is 20/20 I get it. The fact is that nobody could have predicted that he would become what he has. It just gets so tiresome beating this dead horse. Nebraska missed out along with a lot of other teams.
We all get that but sooooooo many Nebraska fans defend Frost with statements them that aren't even correct. Are they making it up or do they just not follow Nebraska Football? I get the Beating the Dead Horse and yes it is getting old but worse when people respond with misinformation.

We all get that but sooooooo many Nebraska fans defend Frost with statements them that aren't even correct. Are they making it up or do they just not follow Nebraska Football? I get the Beating the Dead Horse and yes it is getting old but worse when people respond with misinformation.
I doubt most people follow the team as closely as we do.

I think the confusion is two things. Burrow transferred in the spring so Martinez played in the spring game and he was already the best qb ever at Nebraska. Alao Burrow's first year at LSU was very average so the average fan doesn't even remember he played 2 years there.

I doubt most people follow the team as closely as we do.
It's definitely a burden. That's the tough part. You hate to sound like a Know It All but when you hear shit that is so wrong sometimes you just feel you gotta set them straight. My Uncle is the Husker King of Misinformation and he spreads it throughout my family. Whoever he gets his Husker Info from is almost always wrong, but my other family members believe him. I sat at Christmas Dinner with my head spinning listening to them Wax Poetic about Husker Football, and basically with wrong info. I agree not everyone is as passionate about following it like we do but at times I just can't hold it back.

On a good note my mom is very close friends with one of Bill Busch's relatives so we should get some information from her.

It's definitely a burden. That's the tough part. You hate to sound like a Know It All but when you hear shit that is so wrong sometimes you just feel you gotta set them straight. My Uncle is the Husker King of Misinformation and he spreads it throughout my family. Whoever he gets his Husker Info from is almost always wrong, but my other family members believe him. I sat at Christmas Dinner with my head spinning listening to them Wax Poetic about Husker Football, and basically with wrong info. I agree not everyone is as passionate about following it like we do but at times I just can't hold it back.

On a good note my mom is very close friends with one of Bill Busch's relatives so we should get some information from her.
Your Uncle must hang out with Salts.

Would love to hear any info that you are willing to share in the future!

Would love to hear any info that you are willing to share in the future!
I'm working on mom to get more info. He is very very excited to be back in Lincoln living with his family and coaching at Nebraska. You can see the pride being shown by Joseph & Busch when it comes to recruiting and passion about the game. I think our staff will learn a bunch from working with these 2.

I almost had a friend of mine's kid on our team. Came down to us and another school, and he picked the other school. If he had become a Husker I would have been getting all kinds of inside info. He said the recruiting visit to NU was impressive but we came in 2nd.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back