Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking It’s Official - Matt Rhule (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think Mick is a great coach, but I don’t know if keeping him on after being interim for most of a season is the right choice.

It COULD be, but I could also see it causing problems if we get off to a slow start.

The announcement of the staff will be the next big domino to fall, and I honestly have NO feel for how it will go.

Love the Rhule hire, though. I think it’s the best we could have REALISTICALLY hoped for…..and I hope I’m right.
We hired Rhule to make big boy decisions and retaining or not retaining MJ is the first of those decisions. I could good arguments for both but ultimately it will come down to their personalities and philosophies jiving.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Here’s what drives me insane about all of this MJ talk

When Mickey became the interim head coach, Turd stated that he is the head coach and will act as such. Turd stated he will support whatever staff moves Mickey makes, because it’s his team.

Now people are clamoring that Turd force an assistant onto our new, experienced, and proven, head coach because we like him. Turd is consistent - that’s 1 thing we know. He may make suggestions as he sees fit, but this “Turd better make him keep Mickey” thing isn’t how he operated with our INTERIM. Why would that be the case with our real head coach now?

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I think Mick is a great coach, but I don’t know if keeping him on after being interim for most of a season is the right choice.

It COULD be, but I could also see it causing problems if we get off to a slow start.

The announcement of the staff will be the next big domino to fall, and I honestly have NO feel for how it will go.

Love the Rhule hire, though. I think it’s the best we could have REALISTICALLY hoped for…..and I hope I’m right.
IMO I think Mickey’s talent acquisition/retention ability outweighs any potential controversy that could occur within the potatoes in our fan base.

I sincerely hope Rhule makes a good offer for Mickey to stay, and then Mickey can choose whatever he wants to do. I think that keeping him on staff will be most beneficial to the program, especially in the short term.

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Go look through his timeline. He’s a TC’er pushing for Mickey.

The TC is going to do everything in their power to tear down and sabotage Rhule’s tenure.
When Rhule spoke about everyone going in one direction and lauded TO, Mickey and god forbid even Scott Frost you KNEW it was with this in mind. He will keep any negative thoughts to himself - no more blaming previous staffs for bad games. Gonna take him some time but if he keeps repeating this the TC gonna have to STFU. Hopefully.

Lonny Boysen

Told Wager to Order The Leaning Tower
IMO I think Mickey’s talent acquisition/retention ability outweighs any potential controversy that could occur within the potatoes in our fan base.

I sincerely hope Rhule makes a good offer for Mickey to stay, and then Mickey can choose whatever he wants to do. I think that keeping him on staff will be most beneficial to the program, especially in the short term.
I’m not talking about the fans, though. I’m talking the players.

Just thinking about corporate life, when you have a boss that you love and has you headed in the right direction…..it’s tough to see them demoted, and if the new boss (understandably) struggles a bit early on…..where does the loyalty lie?

I think it can work for sure (and Mickey is likely the best WR coach/recruiter we can hope for), buuuuut does it make the most sense for this rebuild? I’m not sure, and I’ll trust Rhule to make that call.

But let’s not pretend it’s as easy as “Mickey played at Nebraska, has a house here, knows all of the players, and is very good at his job.”

Power-dynamics and fit aren’t some joke. Shit is real.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Shannlee butthurt for his drinking buddy Scotty wishing he could have free access and reign of the program.
Brings up a good question…how will HCMKR deal with the former players wanting all-access like they had with Fraudsty? Will it be like normal or will Rhule lock it down a bit

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds