Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Wisconsin honeydicking us?

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Badgers leak to the press that their new star QB tested positive for Covid. Nebraska plans and practices a different gameplan under the impression Mertz won’t play than they would otherwise.

Come Saturday, who trots out on the field but Graham Mertz himself. It was all a ruse, the conference was probably in on it, and we find ourselves even less prepared than we were against tOSU (if that were possible).

Anyone else here wise to Wisconsin’s attempted honeydicking?

The Badgers leak to the press that their new star QB tested positive for Covid. Nebraska plans and practices a different gameplan under the impression Mertz won’t play than they would otherwise.

Come Saturday, who trots out on the field but Graham Mertz himself. It was all a ruse, the conference was probably in on it, and we find ourselves even less prepared than we were against tOSU (if that were possible).

Anyone else here wise to Wisconsin’s attempted honeydicking?
No. Scott actually said in the press conference that it was probably a false positive. "We've had some of those."

i.e. now that we know he has covid we can substitute a clean test for his.

Wisconsin could start Fred Mertz and it won't matter if our DBs cannot make plays on WRs and more importantly, the actual thrown ball.

dd035b787025734a30dd9f000015a054.jpg

Wisconsin could start Fred Mertz and it won't matter if our DBs cannot make plays on WRs and more importantly, the actual thrown ball.

dd035b787025734a30dd9f000015a054.jpg
I think the Wisconsin game moves towards a toss-up if Graham Mertz is out. After seeing him against Illinois I was worried we’d get carved up in the secondary like we did against tOSU. Just an average QB can’t do that. I still think we have a good secondary, just a bad combination of Fields + tOSU WRs + little pass rush + first game + no adjustments. Most of that goes away this week imo.

I think the Wisconsin game moves towards a toss-up if Graham Mertz is out. After seeing him against Illinois I was worried we’d get carved up in the secondary like we did against tOSU. Just an average QB can’t do that. I still think we have a good secondary, just a bad combination of Fields + tOSU WRs + little pass rush + first game + no adjustments. Most of that goes away this week imo.
i guess i saw an incredibly shitty illinois team. i know mertz is good but ill
never be worried about a team passing on us. i will forever worry about a team rushing for 300 yards on us

Not sure what to make of it. One of the interns in the office is really good friends with Bryson Williams. Said the players don't even know what's going to happen yet. Still waiting for tests to come back.

The backup to Mertz tested positive too so they're playing their 4th string qb. I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets canceled.

i guess i saw an incredibly shitty illinois team. i know mertz is good but ill
never be worried about a team passing on us. i will forever worry about a team rushing for 300 yards on us
8-29-98......Rattay & Edwards say hello. 😎

and “yes”, I know that we still beat them by 4 or 5 tds

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back