Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Band of Brothers the best tv series of all time? (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looking Up Band Of Brothers GIF by HBO
The Office Yes GIF

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Do

Yea most people don’t know about six feet under. It had the best ending for a series I’ve watched. It fit the show. The worst ending was Game Of Thrones. A lot of people would put it as its top series.
GoT passed the author with its series. George Martin still has not finished his series, but what he has put out is spectacular. The 1st few seasons of GoT were great and then increasingly rushed and terrible. Lots of folks hate the ending of the Sopranos, but I love it. True to life from Tony's viewpoint if you know what happens.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
GoT passed the author with its series. George Martin still has not finished his series, but what he has put out is spectacular. The 1st few seasons of GoT were great and then increasingly rushed and terrible. Lots of folks hate the ending of the Sopranos, but I love it. True to life from Tony's viewpoint if you know what happens.
The sopranos ending was fine after a person actually put it in perspective. Tony was whacked.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
So if we’re listing top five:

Band of Brothers
Chernobyl
Succession
True Detective (Season 1 carries it)
Severance (only one season so far)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Season 1 of True Detective is hard to beat
While it’s a phenomenal season that won’t be matched, it was the experience of the weekly theories between episodes was the most fun I had.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
So if we’re listing top five:

Band of Brothers
Chernobyl
Succession
True Detective (Season 1 carries it)
Severance (only one season so far)
The second season of true detective sucked, but the third season was as good as the first for me.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Never seen it
Me neither

I have an issue where I pick apart military films and TV for poor military tactics. Unfortunately I can’t get past those to take in and enjoy the story. So sometimes, I just hesitate to dive in to give them a shot.

“Platoon” was horrible to me. The first 30 minutes or so of “Saving Private Ryan” however is staggeringly good but also difficult to watch for me due to my PTSD.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Me neither

I have an issue where I pick apart military films and TV for poor military tactics. Unfortunately I can’t get past those to take in and enjoy the story. So sometimes, I just hesitate to dive in to give them a shot.

“Platoon” was horrible to me. The first 30 minutes or so of “Saving Private Ryan” however is staggeringly good but also difficult to watch for me due to my PTSD.

💯

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I think the only one that comes close is Breaking Bad...just because of the excellence through 5 seasons perfectly maintained. Ended well...etc

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds