Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is Arch Manning gonna bust? (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He’ll probably be good, but with the expectations, I just don’t see him being the next Vince Young or anything near that.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is a tough one, torn. It's a battle of immoveable forces. Farrel says he will be a Bust and he is going to Texas, which should make him a Bust. Has Farrel ever been right? Texas didn't even have a player drafted last year and struggling to develop players. Seems like he will fail but Farrell can't be right for the first time.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
This is a tough one, torn. It's a battle of immoveable forces. Farrel says he will be a Bust and he is going to Texas, which should make him a Bust. Has Farrel ever been right? Texas didn't even have a player drafted last year and struggling to develop players. Seems like he will fail but Farrell can't be right for the first time.
Frost gonna snag him from the transfer portal in a few years when he’s coaching at McNeese State.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I'm more intrigued about the notion of Quinn Ewers busting while earning millions in NIL money.
- Kid foregoes his senior year of HS to take the money at Ohio State- I don't blame him, but really set him back in development.
- Now at Texas with huge NIL deal. By many accounts Hudson Card has been better in the Spring and likely will start in the Fall.

Fascinating scenario:

-Hudson Card starts in 2022
- Card and Manning share time in 2023.
- Manning starts in 2024.

Ewers earns more NIL money than all other Power 5 starting QBs and never starts a single game. Part of me wants that to happen... Just so people can realize some of the absurdity behind NIL.

Full disclosure: I am totally in support of players earning NIL. But I think the NIL game within the recruiting game is out of control currently, and its not sustainable.

At its core, college football is performance driven. We can't continue to pay dudes who aren't performing. The boosters with the deep pockets can't even afford that going forward.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is where I'm at too. Thing is he'll transfer before he's truly a bust at Texas. I can't see him sitting behind Ewers for 3 years.

Kinish

Cornerback
I think Sark more likely to get fired before Manning "busts".

Arch prob follow him to whatever school and he'll get pretty good.

BoBigRed7

Defensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
I'm more intrigued about the notion of Quinn Ewers busting while earning millions in NIL money.
- Kid foregoes his senior year of HS to take the money at Ohio State- I don't blame him, but really set him back in development.
- Now at Texas with huge NIL deal. By many accounts Hudson Card has been better in the Spring and likely will start in the Fall.

Fascinating scenario:

-Hudson Card starts in 2022
- Card and Manning share time in 2023.
- Manning starts in 2024.

Ewers earns more NIL money than all other Power 5 starting QBs and never starts a single game. Part of me wants that to happen... Just so people can realize some of the absurdity behind NIL.

Full disclosure: I am totally in support of players earning NIL. But I think the NIL game within the recruiting game is out of control currently, and its not sustainable.

At its core, college football is performance driven. We can't continue to pay dudes who aren't performing. The boosters with the deep pockets can't even afford that going forward.
Don’t think Ewers ever got most of that money from Ohio State. There are all sorts of stipulations that going into these NIL deals like actual playing time and doing loads of events with meet and greats involved. They aren’t just handing over the money to these kids without them doing something to earn some of it.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don’t think Ewers ever got most of that money from Ohio State. There are all sorts of stipulations that going into these NIL deals like actual playing time and doing loads of events with meet and greats involved. They aren’t just handing over the money to these kids without them doing something to earn some of it.
But it can't be team specific right? Ways around that I'm sure like B1G championships or wins over Michigan something along those lines.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Too much adderral and now can’t bust.

8e4a2841-5055-4201-a58a-a63774cecf1c_text.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds