Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ireland game to Vegas (2 Viewers)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This is what Turd said about it the other day:

“I think it’s going to be wonderful for the student-athletes, but the reality is that, where we are as a program and an institution, I don’t know that you can think of a more important game. So you add all that up, in Ireland, in a unique environment, with everything that’s going on in the world, playing against a great team in Northwestern with a tremendous coach, a personal friend of mine, who’s going to be looking forward to providing a response to last year’s game here at Memorial Stadium, it’s going to be a really important game for our team with a bunch new players and new coaches."

Just reading between the lines there, knowing how important this game is to the overall direction of the season (and knowing how we shit the bed in the similar situation last year vs. Illinois), it sounds to me like they would be perfectly fine if the game wasn't in Ireland.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

“I think it’s going to be wonderful for the student-athletes, but the reality is that, where we are as a program and an institution, I don’t know that you can think of a more important game. So you add all that up, in Ireland, in a unique environment, with everything that’s going on in the world, playing against a great team in Northwestern with a tremendous coach, a personal friend of mine, who’s going to be looking forward to providing a response to last year’s game here at Memorial Stadium, it’s going to be a really important game for our team with a bunch new players and new coaches."

Just reading between the lines there, knowing how important this game is to the overall direction of the season (and knowing how we shit the bed in the similar situation last year vs. Illinois), it sounds to me like they would be perfectly fine if the game wasn't in Ireland.
Dean is already reporting that we have sold 10's of 10's of tickets. I expect Ireland to give Dean a Key to the Country or a Bronzed 4 Leaf Clover Necklace.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

I thought the exact same thing when I heard him say that.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman

The game got moved to Illinois and Nebraska shit the bed. I don't think the environment is going to change the likelihood of it happening.

Last edited:

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
The game got moved to Illinois and Nebraska shit the bed. I don't think the environment is going to change the likelihood of it happening.
I totally agree, but I get the sense they don't want to fly halfway around the world for that to happen. The more unknowns and change in routine, the more likely we find a way to lose. Fitz will have his team ready to play.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean counts for 5 fans.
Well you know he will bring his wife & BFF Robin along. When you are that brazen and powerful you tend to roll to foreign lands that you are trying to conquer with an Entourage.

giphy.gif

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I totally agree, but I get the sense they don't want to fly halfway around the world for that to happen. The more unknowns and change in routine, the more likely we find a way to lose. Fitz will have his team ready to play.

And we very well may not have our team ready to play.........for four quarters. Translation: we're down 27-10 at half, come back to tie it at 34-34 to send it into OT. Only to have a field goal blocked and ran back for NWU - game over.

This game scares the ever living shit out of me after last year's shit show in Champaign. How can you be that unprepared when you were the team that was going against a new staff last year? Just fucking amazing.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
And we very well may not have our team ready to play.........for four quarters. Translation: we're down 27-10 at half, come back to tie it at 34-34 to send it into OT. Only to have a field goal blocked and ran back for NWU - game over.

This game scares the ever living shit out of me after last year's shit show in Champaign. How can you be that unprepared when you were the team that was going against a new staff last year? Just fucking amazing.

It is what it is. On paper, NW shouldn’t have a single win against us since we entered the conference.

I’m not married or stuck to one outcome. It is what it is. It wouldn’t be surprising to me if we lost and it wouldn’t be surprising to me if we won either.

A lot of work to do before we start to worry about this game.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Turd isn't going to put up with those kinds of excuses though. He's going to make Frost win a game that he should be winning in year 5 of his program.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds