Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking I'm even more terrified we're going to screw up this wet dream.

Yikes! I better keep my mouth shut cause I usually don't hold back! Goodluck Jim

I didn't see that Jim mention that.....or did he? Furthermore, how would he have any idea?

Just a story I was told. I could write a book on the stories of this coaching search.

Like I said, how would he have any idea? 😉

You got that right brother. It stuns me how so many people talk in absolutes.

Just a story I was told. I could write a book on the stories of this coaching search.
I have heard numerous things from connected sources who are generally correct. But they are telling me different things. It's frustrating as most are saying the exact opposite of each other. I wonder if Turd is throwing out some Smoke Screens to the boosters. I have one who swears it is going to be Mickey, and he doesn't want Mickey. A second Mickey one is hearing it from a TC Booster that he works for. Another is saying that it is Gundy and was lined up 2 weeks ago, and Gundy told his Asst Coaches already which could explain why they shit the bed the last 2 weeks. 2 others are still under the impression that it is Rhule and much like Jim said it is dependent on Rhule signing what are agreed upon terms on the contract.

Turd is playing some 5-D Chess with us die hard Husker Fans that actually follow the team and sport closely. Meanwhile the uninformed Husker Potatoes are happy to read former players and local media say that it might be Mickey Joseph.

I have heard numerous things from connected sources who are generally correct. But they are telling me different things. It's frustrating as most are saying the exact opposite of each other. I wonder if Turd is throwing out some Smoke Screens to the boosters. I have one who swears it is going to be Mickey, and he doesn't want Mickey. A second Mickey one is hearing it from a TC Booster that he works for. Another is saying that it is Gundy and was lined up 2 weeks ago, and Gundy told his Asst Coaches already which could explain why they shit the bed the last 2 weeks. 2 others are still under the impression that it is Rhule and much like Jim said it is dependent on Rhule signing what are agreed upon terms on the contract.

Turd is playing some 5-D Chess with us die hard Husker Fans that actually follow the team and sport closely. Meanwhile the uninformed Husker Potatoes are happy to read former players and local media say that it might be Mickey Joseph.
Don't forget the booster that claims Urban is already signed. Either Turd is spreading these to the boosters directly or maybe the search firm. Whoever is spreading the web of info is telling the right people.

We'll know when we know I guess.

Someone told me that same thing about an hour before you posted that.

Oh yeah, that was you. Not sure if that’s confirmation, but why not.
What's interesting is I got that story from a few different people in the last couple days. A non message board booster, a friend of Bennings and a message boarder. Makes you wonder what the source is.

I’ would absolutely love Gundy and hopefully he brings Rob Glass with him. Glass seems like a tough ask, 18yrs there in position and an alum.
Turd is throwing Tim Wakefield knuckles to everyone.
Gundy would line up with the history of this search firm that likes to throw everyone for a loop.

Loving every minute of it. This means Turd’s not being held hostage by the TC. Out fixing them. 👍🏼

Loving every minute of it. This means Turd’s not being held hostage by the TC. Out fixing them. 👍🏼
Problem is 2 of the biggest TC'ers are on the Board of Regents. Scumbag Tim Clare is the Vice Chair and District 1. And Jim Pillen is District 3. Clare was drawing a 6 figure salary working for the BoPelini Charitable Foundation while he was on the BOR & Bo was coaching. No conflict of interest there and he made coin for probably doing very little. Clare was part of the group with TO that strong-armed Eichorst and wouldn't let him fire BoPelini. So the next season SE finally fired him and then went rogue on his coaching search trying to keep things quiet from TO & the TC'ers.

My uncle, who is a TC'er, was always defending Clare when I would complain about the shady shit Tim was involved with until he was in a business deal with Tim and got screwed big time by Clare. For my uncle to turn on him calling Clare a snake after defending him vehemently for years means that Clare must have really fucked him over. Sad part is he still looks up to many of those TC'ers, except for Clare now.

I don't know the protocol but I thought the BOR had to be somewhat involved with the contracts. Having Pillen & Clare on the fronts lines with TO joined at their hip is not good for our football program.

Last edited:
We just gonna let it slide that the board village idiot is calling other posters the village idiot?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back