Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If OSU would fire Ryan Day (1 Viewer)

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Do you think they would make a run at Deion? Do you think he would take it?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
They'd back up the truck for a top tier coach.

Only way Deion would get a sniff is if he won 10+ games this season.

doublewing

Running Back
OSU getting rid of Day would be like Nebraska firing TO prior to the title years. It would be immensely stupid as Day puts them in the position to be in the playoff most seasons, gets top recruits, and is winning 90% of his games.

That and let's put the brakes on the Deion hype. Nice win yesterday but it is one game.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
A couple spots I could see Deion going after this season (assuming the carousel doesn’t include any surprise retirements) are Baylor and Florida.

Deion lobbied HARD for the TCU job when it opened up. He wants to be in Texas or at least closer to talent.

If Florida opens it’s probably more likely Lane Kiffin. He’s not staying in Mississippi long.

It’s probably the best time for Deion to leave. Expectations will never be lower and his kid’s probably off to the league next year. Sean Lewis was probably hired with the understanding that it would be his job when Deion left.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
A couple spots I could see Deion going after this season (assuming the carousel doesn’t include any surprise retirements) are Baylor and Florida.

Deion lobbied HARD for the TCU job when it opened up. He wants to be in Texas or at least closer to talent.

If Florida opens it’s probably more likely Lane Kiffin. He’s not staying in Mississippi long.

It’s probably the best time for Deion to leave. Expectations will never be lower and his kid’s probably off to the league next year. Sean Lewis was probably hired with the understanding that it would be his job when Deion left.
Texas is Rhules #1 top destination for HC. Not looking good for him if Sark gets Longhorns up and sustainable and Rhule pisses down his leg in Lincoln.

Personally, I’d like to see Satt replaced with Daniel Mullins. Wishful thinking.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Texas is Rhules #1 top destination for HC. Not looking good for him if Sark gets Longhorns up and sustainable and Rhule pisses down his leg in Lincoln.

Personally, I’d like to see Satt replaced with Daniel Mullins. Wishful thinking.
Has he said that? His staff is full of Philly guys he’d take to his alma mater in a heartbeat

If Rhule is able to make himself attractive to a program like Texas then buddy sign me up for that. He’s not moving up unless we win eight games in a season and right now I’d literally shoot that into my veins

As far as Satt goes I’m still of the belief he called a good game. Rattler had a really rough start to last year but played better as the offense came to him. Not letting him off the hook for Sims turning into a waterhead but it’s been one game. If his unit looks like shit next week then I’ll start ringing alarms.

Mullen isn’t coaching again. Guy loves broadcasting and gets to spend his summer at the lake. I golf with some Mississippi state guys who know Scott Stricklin and they joke about how Dan’s skydiving now lmao

1HuskerDad

Head Coach
Deion would love to coach the Cowboys but he would want to be GM too. Jones won’t allow that though…..

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Straight from the mouth of a close family friend who coached with him in NFL.

I said
Has he said that? His staff is full of Philly guys he’d take to his alma mater in a heartbeat

If Rhule is able to make himself attractive to a program like Texas then buddy sign me up for that. He’s not moving up unless we win eight games in a season and right now I’d literally shoot that into my veins

As far as Satt goes I’m still of the belief he called a good game. Rattler had a really rough start to last year but played better as the offense came to him. Not letting him off the hook for Sims turning into a waterhead but it’s been one game. If his unit looks like shit next week then I’ll start ringing alarms.

Mullen isn’t coaching again. Guy loves broadcasting and gets to spend his summer at the lake. I golf with some Mississippi state guys who know Scott Stricklin and they joke about how Dan’s skydiving now lmao
Straight from the mouth a an extremely close family friend who worked with Rhule in NFL.

Yea, and that’s what I thought when I brought up Peedy State to him. He said “guess again. Think Texas.”

Agreed that would leave I’d in a healthy state as a Program. Just stating that’s his dream job not PSU.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Straight from the mouth of a close family friend who coached with him in NFL.

I said

Straight from the mouth a an extremely close family friend who worked with Rhule in NFL.

Yea, and that’s what I thought when I brought up Peedy State to him. He said “guess again. Think Texas.”

Agreed that would leave I’d in a healthy state as a Program. Just stating that’s his dream job not PSU.
Interesting. Makes sense. He’s got fantastic political skills. Texas needs that and there aren’t a lot of coaches that care enough to humor it. Guys like Shane Beamer, Rhule, Lincoln Riley, Saban, Urban. List is longer of ball coaches who don’t like interference.

Again, if he leaves for Texas it means we’ve probably been to the playoff

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Agreed on if he leaves comment. That’s the same thing my brother and I said…means he leaves a healthy program.
I still think majority of our fan base would have a meltdown.
Again I heard this and it makes a lot of sense when you look at his hires and the work and events he attends in Texas.
I’d greatly appreciate his success here and leaving. I just want to some winning football.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Interesting. Makes sense. He’s got fantastic political skills. Texas needs that and there aren’t a lot of coaches that care enough to humor it. Guys like Shane Beamer, Rhule, Lincoln Riley, Saban, Urban. List is longer of ball coaches who don’t like interference.

Again, if he leaves for Texas it means we’ve probably been to the playoff
Lol I don't know why people are worried about him leaving. After watching the game against Minnesota, Rhule isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Lol I don't know why people are worried about him leaving. After watching the game against Minnesota, Rhule isn't going anywhere for a long time.
Yeah I know it’s going to change but take a peek at our 2025 schedule. Not going to get any easier for a coach to excel to that degree

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Yeah I know it’s going to change but take a peek at our 2025 schedule. Not going to get any easier for a coach to excel to that degree
All the more reason he isn't going anywhere. He's years from drawing interest from other schools.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
If Rhule isn't with us in a few years I think it's more so because he got fired. Not because he took another job.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Do you think they would make a run at Deion? Do you think he would take it?
Day has lost 6 games in 4+ seasons, he isn't getting fired.

Sanders has won 1 game against an overrated TCU, way premature to assume he'd be wanted at that level.

Much more likely that Day would poach Colorado's OC after the season by offering him double the money and much better talent to work with.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds