Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I remember a rumor from the preseason.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
The rumor was that Scott was telling people that he knows that he's screwed because this team is "the worst team he's had".

Well, mark me down as someone who believes that one now.

Corcoran and Benhart just shouldn't play football anymore.
Hutmacher ended up 2.5 yards into the end zone on a QB sneak from the 2.
Braxton Clark ran past both the ball and his man on their first touchdown.

Clown car doesn't even begin to describe this abomination that Scott built.

Fuck that guy forever.

The rumor was that Scott was telling people that he knows that he's screwed because this team is "the worst team he's had".

Well, mark me down as someone who believes that one now.

Corcoran and Benhart just shouldn't play football anymore.
Hutmacher ended up 2.5 yards into the end zone on a QB sneak from the 2.
Braxton Clark ran past both the ball and his man on their first touchdown.

Clown car doesn't even begin to describe this abomination that Scott built.

Fuck that guy forever.
Didn’t he buy his house in Arizona in the spring? That kind of shows he knows he was gone.

I think Thompson is expendable depending who you can get in the portal. I would definitely want to keep Palmer.

Thompson is good. We need an O Line.

Don't want to go lottery ticket for a who knows portal QB again this offseason. We know what Thompson brings, it's adequate. Do what you need to, to keep him. Recruit true D1 caliber QB's out of high school instead of portal hunting for one every off season.

Thompson is good. We need an O Line.

Don't want to go lottery ticket for a who knows portal QB again this offseason. We know what Thompson brings, it's adequate. Do what you need to, to keep him. Recruit true D1 caliber QB's out of high school instead of portal hunting for one every off season.
You’re also comparing Thompson against Frost’s trash on the roster. He is decent, but if you can upgrade you upgrade.

Last edited:
You’re also comparing Thompson against Frost’s trash on the roster. He is decent, but if you can upgrade you to upgrade.

Yeah, I mean if you can upgrade, do it. Roll of the dice on upgrading from Thompson via portal IMHO. Give him NIL $ again to keep him if that is what it takes. Same for Palmer.

If there is a no-brainer portal QB that makes sense, of course go get him. I think that is pie in the sky thinking right now, but a lot will depend on who we hire at HC and his assistant staff. Too much up in the air, at least with Thompson we know we have a better than avg QB.

Yeah, I mean if you can upgrade, do it. Roll of the dice on upgrading from Thompson via portal IMHO. Give him NIL $ again to keep him if that is what it takes. Same for Palmer.

If there is a no-brainer portal QB that makes sense, of course go get him. I think that is pie in the sky thinking right now, but a lot will depend on who we hire at HC and his assistant staff. Too much up in the air, at least with Thompson we know we have a better than avg QB.
I agree a lot depends on who the next coach is.

That's the problem with the portal you don't know if you're getting a Casey or a Chubba, both looked like good takes at the time but now that we have seen them play not so much. Still have hope for Chubba though maybe with some better coaching he can turn things around.

That's the problem with the portal you don't know if you're getting a Casey or a Chubba, both looked like good takes at the time but now that we have seen them play not so much. Still have hope for Chubba though maybe with some better coaching he can turn things around.
You had a lot more evidence with Casey. Chubba never showed you anything when he played. If we are taking someone to replace Casey it would be an experienced qb moving on who had a solid career.

I don't see much upside potential with Chubba. Would be different if he had a big arm, but looked like a noodle arm. Thompson is way, way better than Chubba.

Trying to get a similar level QB to replace Thompson may not be easy, honestly, which is why I say we gotta do our best to keep him. That will include a good chunk of NIL money. Who the new coach is, will make a tond of difference also, obviously. You can see why Thompson is taking a wait and see approach.

Some will need to go to keeping Thompson and Palmer. Maybe a couple other plus-players we got via the portal last year.
I think Palmer is a legit nfl draft threat. I think it’s in the best interest of Thompson to stay cuz we’re not gonna flip a better QB year 0 & he doesn’t have an arm that get him into the nfl

You have to throw Washington into the mix as well who's been reliable for the most part. The main reason last year's team was descent was because of the upper classman on defense who were allowed to stay due to COVID. It would've been nice if Austin Allen would've stayed on more year vice looking for work right now because I felt him and Thompson would've connected well. What hurt the most was losing the upper classmen on the DL who decided to move on vice play another year. Not sure if had something to do with the old DL coach transferring to Oregon or Dawson is just that unlikeable.

If Teddy & Nouiouillliouiii aren't lost for the season, I wonder how different this perception could be.

Our D would look a lot better if they weren't on the field 35-40 minutes a game.
The number one thing which will get us back to being a quality team is a good line. I pray the next coach can develop one.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back