Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I don’t even care if we win or lose anymore. (1 Viewer)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I used to be upset when we lost. It used to hurt. When I was a kid growing up in the 90s, I was mad for like a week when we lost. I cried myself to sleep as a 12 year old after the CU game in 2001.

I kept caring with that same level of passion through the end of solich, Callahan, and Pelini. It probably waned year over year, but I think it really dropped off with the Riley era. I was fired back up in 2018 for frost, but the suckitude we saw in 2018 and 2019 just killed the enthusiasm that frost coming home had built.

now, I kinda hope we win, but if we lose it doesn’t affect me at all. Not one bit. I watched the game today, we lost, and I got up from the couch, said to myself “owell” and started on some shit around the house that needed done. Didn’t even listen to post game. It’s all the same tired excuses and rants now a days anyway. It doesn’t matter to me. I’ve come to accept that we are mediocre at best and very likely always will be.

I don’t really look forward to game day anymore, either. The thought of getting to watch the Huskers on Saturday used to get me through the week. Now it’s just another thing I do. No real excitement or enthusiasm for football.

I’ll continue to watch, but I just don’t have that enthusiasm I used to. I guess it’s probably healthier to not get so high or low on a sporting event played by 18-23 year olds, but it’s also kind of sad to look at the passion I used to have for husker football. My fandom has become a shell of its former self.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I can’t imagine a scenario where I watch another game. Hunting has become far more important to me than NU football. Just happened that this weekend was slated to be unseasonably warm, so I moved back my time off since the big boys aren’t moving

betsch

Safety
I used to be upset when we lost. It used to hurt. When I was a kid growing up in the 90s, I was mad for like a week when we lost. I cried myself to sleep as a 12 year old after the CU game in 2001.

I kept caring with that same level of passion through the end of solich, Callahan, and Pelini. It probably waned year over year, but I think it really dropped off with the Riley era. I was fired back up in 2018 for frost, but the suckitude we saw in 2018 and 2019 just killed the enthusiasm that frost coming home had built.

now, I kinda hope we win, but if we lose it doesn’t affect me at all. Not one bit. I watched the game today, we lost, and I got up from the couch, said to myself “owell” and started on some shit around the house that needed done. Didn’t even listen to post game. It’s all the same tired excuses and rants now a days anyway. It doesn’t matter to me. I’ve come to accept that we are mediocre at best and very likely always will be.

I don’t really look forward to game day anymore, either. The thought of getting to watch the Huskers on Saturday used to get me through the week. Now it’s just another thing I do. No real excitement or enthusiasm for football.

I’ll continue to watch, but I just don’t have that enthusiasm I used to. I guess it’s probably healthier to not get so high or low on a sporting event played by 18-23 year olds, but it’s also kind of sad to look at the passion I used to have for husker football. My fandom has become a shell of its former self.
Yep. Anymore I look forward more to tailgating for home games than actually going :(

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think pandemic life has made me care more than I did last year because I just need something to look forward to until KING Nebrasketball starts.

But I'm not surprised to watch Frost get pimp slapped by any coach with a pulse

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think it's understandable and easier for someone your age ( 31-32 ) to be more apathetic these days, being that you were young during our 90's dominance and didn't see our good to great teams in the 80's ..

We've had years of practice of accepting the reality of how bad the Huskers have fallen but doesn't make it any easier watching the games. I'm still yelling and cussing, and part of me thinks that if we don't get better under Frost our program will never come close to being what we once were, so I find myself more invested these days I am desperately hoping for Frost to succeed because he's a native and a legacy and know how much he cares .. it was a little easier tuning out Callahan , Bo and Riley

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
I think it's understandable and easier for someone your age ( 31-32 ) to be more apathetic these days, being that you were young during our 90's dominance and didn't see our good to great teams in the 80's ..

We've had years of practice of accepting the reality of how bad the Huskers have fallen but doesn't make it any easier watching the games. I'm still yelling and cussing, and part of me thinks that if we don't get better under Frost our program will never come close to being what we once were, so I find myself more invested these days I am desperately hoping for Frost to succeed because he's a native and a legacy and know how much he cares .. it was a little easier tuning out Callahan , Bo and Riley

ALL of THIS^^^

I've been here since the 70s...hung on thru the 80s and the heartbreak...enjoyed the FUCK outta the 90s where we shoulda won: 93,94,95,96,97 and 99..and finally stopped LIVING FOR IT in the 2000s when people like KU and OSU beat the shit outta them...and now the B1G days are no better then those days in this millennium.

I feel for Frost...and I do want him to right this ship that has been rudderless since midway thru Fearless Frankie days. I still care and always will, but it won't ruin my weekends anymore.

#GBR

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds