Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Huskers announce captains (1 Viewer)

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Tannor mentioned he had a mental breakthrough or something in camp that “it’s not just about me, it’s about all of us.” They didn’t go too far into what that meant but I gathered he was helping his teammates and buying into the scheme more so than flying through what appears to be a clear lane to the ball carrier.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Milton actually threw less interceptions in 2018 than he did in 2017. Seems he got smarter with the football after Frost and Friends moved on.
Milton was lights out for Frost in 2017. His QBR was higher under Frost than Huepel. Milton also got hurt in 2018 and had a lot less pass attempts. If Martinez was anything close to Milton Frost wouldn’t be on the hot seat.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think his turnovers will decrease significantly this year due to finally having competent coaching. People who shit on AM grossly underestimate how bad our coaching was on the offensive side of the ball.
My posting history is consistent with my opinion that each situation is different. Some of his issues have been coaching, others are his own bad decisions. I expect him to win more this year due to less defenses, but I expect some of his bad decisions to remain.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Milton actually threw less interceptions in 2018 than he did in 2017. Seems he got smarter with the football after Frost and Friends moved on.
He had 106 fewer attempts as well. If he'd have kept his pace in 2018 up for an additional 106 attempts, he would have ended up with as many ints while completing 8% less attempts.

Frost deserves some shit for the offensive staffing decisions, but Martinez isn't really one of them. As has been said, he just couldn't help but shit the bed at the worst times.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tannor surprises me a little. Hopefully this means he’ll cut out the soul crushing personal fouls.
Who else did we have? Almost all of the starters are underclassmen or 1st yr transfers. He's one of the few returning starters. On offense the only returning starters are Benhart & Corcoran. The rest are basically 1st year transfers or underclassmen except for Hixson & Vokolek. On defense we have new players at numerous positions plus underclassmen starting.

Poor recruiting and player development have left us to having a team mainly of transfer and underclassmen starting.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who else did we have? Almost all of the starters are underclassmen or 1st yr transfers. He's one of the few returning starters. On offense the only returning starters are Benhart & Corcoran. The rest are basically 1st year transfers or underclassmen except for Hixson & Vokolek. On defense we have new players at numerous positions plus underclassmen starting.

Poor recruiting and player development have left us to having a team mainly of transfer and underclassmen starting.
Thats true on offense but not defense.

Assuming insider 2 deep is correct
Defense all at least 3rd year players recruited under Frost
Nelson
Feist
Robinson
Tannor
Henrich
Reimer
Newsome
Clark
Farmer

Transfers
Buford

At worst you swap one of the transfers for corner, safety and d tackle and 7/11 are upper classman recruits.

Offense is basically oline recruited by Frost staff skill positions transfers. Teddy is really the only underclassmen. Vokolek is a transfer but came in his sophomore year. Not sure how you classify that in your point.

Corcoran 3rd year could be considered underclassmen I suppose
Hixson
Bandon
Benhart

Transfers
Thompson
Grant
Washington
IGC
Palmer
Vokolek

Underclassmen
Prochazka

Rahmir Johnson would be the only upperclassmen skill position player.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Covid makes it screwy too. Apparently Rahmir Johnson is only a sophomore eligibility wise in his 4th year of playing.

Same as Yant 3rd year and Irvin 2nd year (didn't think he played in 4 games last year?) Benhart, Banks, and Piper same thing 4th year sophomores. Corcoran in his 3rd year sophomore eligibility.

Hixson and Bando 6th year seniors like Feist.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds