Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker Spring 2023 Portal Entries (3 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
With Torres leaving it means we have a 3 year empty space on the scholarship depth chart at QB.

Current recruit: Empty
Incoming freshman: Empty
Redshirt freshman: Empty

Come on down, 2025 Stone Saunders. The lane is wide open and playing time is on the horizon.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
VJJ entered the portal as expected.
I actually started wondering if he'd stay or go. He took snaps fairly early with the white team on Saturday. Was wide open for a TD too if he wasn't overthrown.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I am guessing the first names we are seeing are the guys who already thought they were leaving regardless, i.e., wanted to leave.

It would be hard to be a guy with 4 years of eligibility left and a new staff - there would be a huge pull to go to one of the other schools who recruited you just a year ago.

Another guy who is similar (unused RS freshman) is Emmet Johnson. Also Chase Androff.

Last edited:

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Does it surprise anyone that here we are three days after the spring game and just four days before the transfer portal closes, that we’ve only had one guy declare his transfer? I mean, Colorado had guys entering the portal at halftime of their spring game.

Knowing we have so many players to trim from the roster, I thought we’d know about a lot more guys than just Torres by now.

Looking at it optimistically, maybe the buy-in to this staff is so great that nearly everyone wants to stay, given the chance. The coaches might have to twist some arms during conferences this week.

Edit: now it’s two with Jones.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
With Torres leaving it means we have a 3 year empty space on the scholarship depth chart at QB.

Current recruit: Empty
Incoming freshman: Empty
Redshirt freshman: Empty

Come on down, 2025 Stone Saunders. The lane is wide open and playing time is on the horizon.
There's gotta be a redshirt freshman qb out there we can grab from the portal

or maybe not

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Does it surprise anyone that here we are three days after the spring game and just four days before the transfer portal closes, that we’ve only had one guy declare his transfer? I mean, Colorado had guys entering the portal at halftime of their spring game.

Knowing we have so many players to trim from the roster, I thought we’d know about a lot more guys than just Torres by now.

Looking at it optimistically, maybe the buy-in to this staff is so great that nearly everyone wants to stay, given the chance. The coaches might have to twist some arms during conferences this week.

Edit: now it’s two with Jones.
Gotta have time for spring exit meetings. Tomorrow will probably have a lot enter. It’s good that guys are not deciding to just leave anyway

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gotta have time for spring exit meetings. Tomorrow will probably have a lot enter. It’s good that guys are not deciding to just leave anyway
I would have thought the coaches would be on the road by about now. I do think the guys we have seen leave so far had their minds made already, though.

I think it takes a few hours for them to show up in the portal database once they're submitted, too.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
I would have thought the coaches would be on the road by about now. I do think the guys we have seen leave so far had their minds made already, though.

I think it takes a few hours for them to show up in the portal database once they're submitted, too.
I’d guess they would be on the road by the end of the week. If guys wanted to leave I assume they would have entered yesterday but just IMO. You’re right on the delay I forgot about that.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d guess they would be on the road by the end of the week. If guys wanted to leave I assume they would have entered yesterday but just IMO. You’re right on the delay I forgot about that.
lots of other schools' coaches are visiting places today

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I assume the coaching staff is helping find landing spots for guys transferring out.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
But when were their spring games? Also may not be in year 1 having to cut 18ish players idk
good point - two I saw (USC and Georgia) were 4/15 spring games. Normally, though, you want to get on the road as soon as possible once the window opens.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds