Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Husker nights at Holy Ghost

Anything good from Bill Busch and George Darlington last night?
Coach Darlington sat next to me which was awesome!! I asked him about the diff between Frost and Rhule...all he said was we have a great coach now. He said also that Scott wasn't willing to learn ANYTHING. They (old coaches, including TO) tried to get him to value the kicking game but Scott didn't want to hear it. In fact, GD said Scott would probably still be here if he had paid more attention to the kicking game. Thank God SF hated the kicking game. GD is a treasure for sure.

Busch thinks we win 34-18 or something like that. Doesn't think it will be close. He also said he's planning on getting back into coaching but it won't be here. Asked the crowd if it would be okay to come back to HG even if he wasn't coaching here. Like @cwessel76 said...he tells great stories. He likes what he sees from the team and how Rhule holds everyone accountable, there is NO sitting around, Rhule will not dish out punishment to players that he won't dish out to coaches as well...EVERYONE is accountable.

That's about what I got out of it... @Kazman5k did I miss anything?

Coach Darlington sat next to me which was awesome!! I asked him about the diff between Frost and Rhule...all he said was we have a great coach now. He said also that Scott wasn't willing to learn ANYTHING. They (old coaches, including TO) tried to get him to value the kicking game but Scott didn't want to hear it. In fact, GD said Scott would probably still be here if he had paid more attention to the kicking game. Thank God SF hated the kicking game. GD is a treasure for sure.

Busch thinks we win 34-18 or something like that. Doesn't think it will be close. He also said he's planning on getting back into coaching but it won't be here. Asked the crowd if it would be okay to come back to HG even if he wasn't coaching here. Like @cwessel76 said...he tells great stories. He likes what he sees from the team and how Rhule holds everyone accountable, there is NO sitting around, Rhule will not dish out punishment to players that he won't dish out to coaches as well...EVERYONE is accountable.

That's about what I got out of it... @Kazman5k did I miss anything?
Busch thinks we win 10 games.

Also Darlington said “if you don’t like rhule you’re a dumbass” in his first 30 seconds.

GD said Scott would probably still be here if he had paid more attention to the kicking game. Thank God SF hated the kicking game. GD is a treasure for sure.
This is exactly what scared the shit out of me. SF would win just enough that NU would never cut ties with him. I honestly believe that if SF had been just a little better than a .500 coach, NU would have lowered its expectations and settled for 6-6 or 7-5 seasons simply because of who he was. And sadly, many Husker fans would have been ok with it.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Scott would probably still be here if he had paid more attention to the kicking game.
No Way What GIF by Originals

It was a lot more than that.

No Way What GIF by Originals

It was a lot more than that.
Totally agree Jim..just passing what GD said. I didn't have the heart to tell the guy Scott wasn't really a good guy from what we have heard. His unwillingness to learn is what struck me as...WTF dude??

SF's off field track record has been well documented, I think GD was coming from the coaching POV

Totally agree Jim..just passing what GD said. I didn't have the heart to tell the guy Scott wasn't really a good guy from what we have heard. His unwillingness to learn is what struck me as...WTF dude??

SF's off field track record has been well documented, I think GD was coming from the coaching POV
His coaching sucked all around but yeah agree that his unwillingness to try and fix the things that weren't working was the worst part.

I wouldn't even care about his off the field shit if he won games.

Last edited:
His coaching wucked all around but yeah agree that his unwillingness to try and fix the things that weren't working was the worst part.

I wouldn't even care about his off the field shit if he won games.
I think most would agree with that too...I have zero fucks in my pocket if his record was better than a shit sandwich dipped in shit and deep fried sprinkled with powered sygar shit dust

It was incredibly hard to fire Frost. It’s almost hard to remember because it’s insane but there was a huge contingent of fans who loved him through the end. And then they decided that it was Mickey Joseph or bust.

Even the slightest incremental improvement in his record could’ve kept Frost here for a really long time. A bunch of people were just fucking delusional about him.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back