Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hows the wide receiver group looking? (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think McGuire made the decision on whether or not to pursue guys in the portal.
agreed. The HC's goal was not to maximize wins this season. It was to maximize wins in the future. Not to say he doesn't want to win this year - of course he does. But he wants to build a sustainable winning platform, not be going to the portal every year.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I do kind of wonder at what point do you just put the top athletes out there and let them make plays. Colorado did that with Dylan Edwards. When do we put Coleman in and let him free?
CU did do that to some extent with Edwards, but it was limited. He was on the field for 34 of 86 offensive snaps. I think they were able to give him a package of things he could execute. I would think we ought to be able to do something similar. But you can't afford to have a guy out there that runs the wrong route, or makes some other stupid mistake of equal magnitude.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whose haul in the transfer portal? We got like one guy and while he seems like he's fairly decent, he's small and doesn't have the speed to stretch the field.
Kemp was a star pull and IGC and Betts looked like homeruns for bringing them back. Betts obviously went off the deep end and IGC is now donezo, but don't pretend like they brought in 3 Wyatt Liewers.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Frost’s record with WRs might be the worst recruiting job in the P5. It’s a miracle we have a single kid from out of state running routes
Did he have any WR recruited out of high school that graduated from DONU?

Herbie

Quarterback
Did he have any WR recruited out of high school that graduated from DONU?
Lol no.
I think Omar manning is the only one HS OR JUCO that signed and finished his career at Nebraska.

IGC and Washington are the only ones on the roster that arrived under frost and neither are here because of him

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds