Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How much should White make next year? (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
According to Football Scoop TW’s salary is currently TOP 9 and ties. I think TW will make between 1.5 and 1.75 million for his new contract. That would put him at TOP 3 and ties.

1 Jim Knowles, Ohio State -- $1.9 million
T1 Glenn Schumann, Georgia -- $1.9 million
T1 Kevin Steele, Alabama -- $1.9 million
T1 Matt House, LSU -- $1.9 million
2 Pete Kwiatkowski, Texas -- $1.7 million
T2 Tosh Lupoi, Oregon -- $1.7 million
3 Tim Banks, Tennessee -- $1.5 million
T3 DJ Durkin, Texas A&M -- $1.5 million
T3 Brad White, Kentucky -- $1.5 million
4 Morgan Scalley, Utah -- $1.4 million
5 Phil Parker, Cockeye -- $1.3 million
6 Tony Gibson, NC State -- $1.25 million
7 Blake Baker, Missouri -- $1.1 million
T7 Scottie Hazleton, Michigan State -- $1.1 million
T7 Adam Fuller, Florida State -- $1.1 million
T7 Joe Rossi, Minnesota -- $1.1 million
T7 Clayton White, South Carolina -- $1.1 million
T7 Travis Williams, Arkansas -- $1.1 million
8 Tim DeRuyter, Texas Tech -- $1.05 million
9 Bryan Brown, Cincinnati -- $1 million
T9 Tony White, Nebraska -- $1 million
Jesse Minter, Michigan -- $950,000
Brian Ward, Arizona State -- $950,000
Peter Sirmon, Cal -- $910,000
Wes Goodwin, Clemson -- $850,000
Brian Williams, Maryland -- $850,000
Chris Marve, Virginia Tech -- $825,000
Joe Harasmyiak, Rutgers -- $800,000
Mike Tressel, Wisconsin -- $750,000
Trent Bray, Oregon State -- $700,000
Ron English/Mark Hagen, Louisville -- $700,000
Aaron Henry, Illinois -- $700,000
Jordan Lesley, West Virginia -- $700,000
Johnny Nansen, Arizona -- $650,000
Bryan Nardo, Oklahoma State -- $650,000
William Inge/Chuck Morrell, Washington -- $625,000
Brian Borland, Kansas -- $600,000
Joe Klanderman, Kansas State -- $600,000
Whomever numbered that List is a touch special when it comes to math. If we want him to be in the 10 highest paid DC's according to that list then we need to pay him at least $1.5. Turd said he has coin when needed for coaches so lets get Tony inked. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't making around $1.8 million after this season as other Power5's might come a callin for his services. Throw $3.5 mill at him for 2 years and I bet he would walk out of Rhule's office with a smile on his face.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

+

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

The Other Dave

Backup Towelboy
Elite Member
I misread the title and thought it said “How much should White men make next year?” …

As for Tony, I think he should swap salaries with Satterfield, or $1 over any other offer he gets.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Whomever numbered that List is a touch special when it comes to math. If we want him to be in the 10 highest paid DC's according to that list then we need to pay him at least $1.5. Turd said he has coin when needed for coaches so lets get Tony inked. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't making around $1.8 million after this season as other Power5's might come a callin for his services. Throw $3.5 mill at him for 2 years and I bet he would walk out of Rhule's office with a smile on his face.
Ya that threw me off a bit. 3 guys tied for first then we have someone in 2nd….

My only concern is Rhule seems kinda tight. Outside of satterfield, who he gave more money than the market was ever going to demand, I don’t see him offering the high end to anyone. If White starts negotiations at 1.8 I could see Rhule telling him good luck thinking he can find someone cheaper to do the job.

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I copied the list from the article and then I numbered it myself. Just me but if 4 guys are at 1.9 they are the top paid DC imo if they are all compensated equally. That is why I said it was TOP 9 and “ties”. I kind of looked at it like a leaderboard in ⛳️ 😂.

I guess a better way to put it is to say “Tony White’s compensation is at a range where he is paid comparably to other people making a TOP 10 salary as DC”.

Last edited:

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

My only concern is Rhule seems kinda tight. Outside of satterfield, who he gave more money than the market was ever going to demand, I don’t see him offering the high end to anyone. If White starts negotiations at 1.8 I could see Rhule telling him good luck thinking he can find someone cheaper to do the job.
Agree I don’t think TW will get 1.8, but I could see 1.5-1.75; granted 1.75-1.8 is only 500K; but just something about 1.8 screams “best of the rest” to me. Tony White while good, if he was getting 1.8 I would expect to be around TOP 5-15 in most defensive stats.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

I don't see it going that way. After the season, I see them setting down and Rhule offering White a revised three contract with a nice pay bump and White signing it. I don't see much negotiating going on, pretty quick discussion between two professionals that like to work with each other, quick and easy and on to recruiting. Same for the other three defensive assistants, a new contract with a pay bump and off to recruit.

betsch

Safety
His wouldn't be guaranteed though since he's an assistant right? So even if we overpay by a little, it's not like we are locked into a 10 year contract or something like that like we would for a head coach.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
His wouldn't be guaranteed though since he's an assistant right? So even if we overpay by a little, it's not like we are locked into a 10 year contract or something like that like we would for a head coach.
Assistants are guaranteed contracts usually they just tend to be shorter (think 2-3 year deals).

I could see them giving him a biggish raise with an out for leaving to be a head coach

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Assistant coaches are guaranteed contracts for 2 years, 3 for coordinators.

Most of the 1.8 or 2 million talk is crazy. Rhule isn't going to blow his remaining budget on just White. All the defensive assistants will get nice raises and there could be some movement around the TE and QB coach spots. The defense has had a good year, but as someone else has pointed out, our opponent's offenses have been pretty poor. White has had one good year, if it continues than he should get additional raises in the future. I'd expect 1.2 to 1.3 million, that would be a nice raise and put him up with Parker, who has done this for a decade. White has only been a DC for 4 years and that would be a good salary for someone with his current credentials.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Agree I don’t think TW will get 1.8, but I could see 1.5-1.75; granted 1.75-1.8 is only 500K; but just something about 1.8 screams “best of the rest” to me. Tony White while good, if he was getting 1.8 I would expect to be around TOP 5-15 in most defensive stats.
what would our defensive stats look like without an offense turning it over in our own territory a few times a game? imo, it's shocking the stats are as good as they are because of that factor alone

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
what would our defensive stats look like without an offense turning it over in our own territory a few times a game? imo, it's shocking the stats are as good as they are because of that factor alone
I agree, if we could just NOT shoot ourselves in the foot we are looking at an 8-2 record right now. The fumbles have been mind boggling for sure! 🤦‍♂️

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
According to Football Scoop TW’s salary is currently TOP 9 and ties. I think TW will make between 1.5 and 1.75 million for his new contract. That would put him at TOP 3 and ties.

1 Jim Knowles, Ohio State -- $1.9 million
T1 Glenn Schumann, Georgia -- $1.9 million
T1 Kevin Steele, Alabama -- $1.9 million
T1 Matt House, LSU -- $1.9 million
2 Pete Kwiatkowski, Texas -- $1.7 million
T2 Tosh Lupoi, Oregon -- $1.7 million
3 Tim Banks, Tennessee -- $1.5 million
T3 DJ Durkin, Texas A&M -- $1.5 million
T3 Brad White, Kentucky -- $1.5 million
4 Morgan Scalley, Utah -- $1.4 million
5 Phil Parker, Cockeye -- $1.3 million
6 Tony Gibson, NC State -- $1.25 million
7 Blake Baker, Missouri -- $1.1 million
T7 Scottie Hazleton, Michigan State -- $1.1 million
T7 Adam Fuller, Florida State -- $1.1 million
T7 Joe Rossi, Minnesota -- $1.1 million
T7 Clayton White, South Carolina -- $1.1 million
T7 Travis Williams, Arkansas -- $1.1 million
8 Tim DeRuyter, Texas Tech -- $1.05 million
9 Bryan Brown, Cincinnati -- $1 million
T9 Tony White, Nebraska -- $1 million
Jesse Minter, Michigan -- $950,000
Brian Ward, Arizona State -- $950,000
Peter Sirmon, Cal -- $910,000
Wes Goodwin, Clemson -- $850,000
Brian Williams, Maryland -- $850,000
Chris Marve, Virginia Tech -- $825,000
Joe Harasmyiak, Rutgers -- $800,000
Mike Tressel, Wisconsin -- $750,000
Trent Bray, Oregon State -- $700,000
Ron English/Mark Hagen, Louisville -- $700,000
Aaron Henry, Illinois -- $700,000
Jordan Lesley, West Virginia -- $700,000
Johnny Nansen, Arizona -- $650,000
Bryan Nardo, Oklahoma State -- $650,000
William Inge/Chuck Morrell, Washington -- $625,000
Brian Borland, Kansas -- $600,000
Joe Klanderman, Kansas State -- $600,000
Aren't those old numbers? No Grubb or Riley. The stuff I posted in the OP was from today's edition of Footballscoop

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds