Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Houston Area Questions (1 Viewer)

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm taking my family down to Houston to catch a Warriors game in March. Looking for recommendations on areas to stay and most importantly areas not stay with a VRBO or Airbnb.

Also looking for recommendations for things to do. Going to Galveston one day and we'll be down there a total of 4.

Thanks in advance.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm taking my family down to Houston to catch a Warriors game in March. Looking for recommendations on areas to stay and most importantly areas not stay with a VRBO or Airbnb.

Also looking for recommendations for things to do. Going to Galveston one day and we'll be down there a total of 4.

Thanks in advance.
You should visit the Alamo. It's down there in Texas somewhere.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Thanks in advance.
Flew to, drove out of, through and around Houston….would not recommend! Went south to the Galveston area…easy driving but nothing exciting about it.

Not much help but that’s my honest assessment of the area.

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
You should visit the Alamo. It's down there in Texas somewhere.
Jim - Thank you for the recommendation. I'll be sure to put it on the list.

giphy.gif

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Houston sucks. Wife had to take some exam in med school you could only take in a few cities (huge money grab). We went to Houston because her brother was living there. All I remember is traffic and they literally had a mattress-firm or similar store on every block of the city.

Saint Arnold brewing company and some other breweries were about my only highlights on that trip.

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
Houston sucks. Wife had to take some exam in med school you could only take in a few cities (huge money grab). We went to Houston because her brother was living there. All I remember is traffic and they literally had a mattress-firm or similar store on every block of the city.

Saint Arnold brewing company and some other breweries were about my only highlights on that trip.
Yeah, it's not my first choice. We're going to a basketball game and going to Dallas was double the cost and further from the gulf. My kids, 9 & 12 have never seen the ocean. So, Houston was the choice. With travel basketball and baseball plus football, we only have about 3-4 weeks during the year where we can travel. So, Houston it is.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yeah, it's not my first choice. We're going to a basketball game and going to Dallas was double the cost and further from the gulf. My kids, 9 & 12 have never seen the ocean. So, Houston was the choice. With travel basketball and baseball plus football, we only have about 3-4 weeks during the year where we can travel. So, Houston it is.
Honestly the kids will like the basketball enough. They’ll have a great trip just with that. Plus the ocean, you’re set. You personally will hate the traffic haha

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Don’t listen to these cucks. Worked in Houston for half a year rebuilding Memorial Park golf course. That’s a great place to go with kids. Plenty of stuff to do in and around the park. Memorial trail ice house is a good stop if you hang out there for awhile.

Some great food in Houston as well.

Unique viet-Cajun - Crawfish and Noodles
Authentic fine mexican - Hugo’s
High end sushi - uchi Houston
Bbq - roegels

Music venue - white oak
Art - menil

If I think of more stuff I’ll add it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds