Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

HOL proofreading is truly a marvel to behold

How are they this lazy and incompetent with something so fundamental to their jobs? They seriously remind me of the shitty reporter who gets killed in Hot Fuzz over this.

View attachment 1741
The best/funniest/saddest part is that 6 hours after posting it they’ve either: a) not noticed it, or b) noticed it but didn’t bother to fix it.

I don’t understand why they’d get so mad when people would point out grammatical errors and then continue with current methods on proofreading. I’m horrified if I fuck up the spelling of a word or use the wrong form of affect/effect let alone put an easy one on print for hundreds of thousands of people to see.

How are they this lazy and incompetent with something so fundamental to their jobs? They seriously remind me of the shitty reporter who gets killed in Hot Fuzz over this.

View attachment 1741
For all of the “Grammar Police” shit I’ve given Deab & Co over the years it’s clear he simply doesn’t care.

More important to get the news out to his customers......🙄

They don't give a shit anymore.

And if I have to hear Dean say one more time how hard his job is I'm going to throw up.

Tip. If someone repeatedly has to tell you how hard they work, they truly aren't working hard because so many people question it.
This. He writes about and covers football for a living. I don’t want to ever hear about how “hard” your job is. Pathetic.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back